Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

newbie here v3

johno

im a newbie when it comes to this beach and surf hunting . i recently purchased a spectra v3 and have been having a lot of fun with it . my question can this machine be used on the beach with any success. its an awesome machine for what ive been doing so far. i dont think i could swing purchasing a beach machine after the v3 purchase ,,,,, maybe next year. anyway we, re suppose to be headed to sc. for a few weeks and was just wondering what youre opinions are on using it. im definitely going to try. but thought id ask for any info from the regulars. thanks in advance.

I would think dry sand only, as you have too much invested if you get the "box" wet. I have used my MXT on dry and it worked great even on wet but did not venture into the water with it. I found enough jewellery to justify buying a water machine. When I asked about beach detecting on the forum two things were suggested and they were right on the money, get a good scoop and take lots of water to drink. The scoop for dry sand does not have to be cost prohibitive, I bought mine for $59.00, it is the type with the orange grip on the end and long handle (saves the back) comes apart for packing in a suit case. On the other hand the scoop for wet or water has to be well made to Diggggg the heavy sand, I was told to dig everything and believe that to be true in soft dry sand, I found a nice diamond engagement ring that showed #6 and foil on my MXT VDI. GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO!

Gerry

thanks for the info gary. i agree its to much to venture into the water for sure. but i figured with that much invested what better place to get it paid for than a beach. i may even run down to a few fresh water beaches on lake erie and give it a try after weekends over. thanks again or the tips