Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie introduction

Hello. New guy here. Got hooked metal detecting with a $40 detector from harbor freight. Picked up a fisher f5 and found it a little overwhelming. Thanks to a friends recommendation I now have a Tesoro compadre with the small coil. As a sound engineer I really enjoy just listening. It makes it easier somehow. When I can list things for sale I intend to sell the f5 or maybe trade for a Tesoro with a couple more knobs than the compadre. Thanks for all the good info here. Noah

Welcome to the Forum & the sport of m.d.ing Noah.------You have just joined the greatest hobby in the world---BAR NONE!-------Always cover those holes & leave the place where you detect looking as good as/or better than the way it was when you got there.-----Again, welcome aboard!--------------Del

I really considered the F5 for my first detector. Then just happened to stumble on a tesoro vid on youtube by 53silver. Started looking into them and went with a vaquero instead. Honestly can say, glad I did. Something to be said for straight forward, no big thrills machines.

Where are you going to go metal detecting? If you plan on buying another Tesoro (with more knobs) then it is a pretty simple process of deduction. In order of pricing:

Relic Hunting: Cibola, Outlaw (8" coil), Vaquero, Outlaw (3 coil pack), Tejon.

Saltwater Hunting: all relic machines above (on dry beach sand) Sand Shark (wet sand).

Fresh Water Hunting: (all Tesoro metal detectors' coils are submersible) Tiger Shark (for fully submersible treasure seeking).

Coinshooting: all Tesoro metal detectors except Tiger Shark and Sand Shark (those are more specialty machines) (common ones are Compadre, Silver Umax, Deleon (probably the best one) and Cortes, followed by the relic machines listed above.

Honestly, all Tesoro metal detectors can do the job, it is that some excel more than others for varying detector situations! Most common machines individuals buy are the Compadre, Cibola, Vaquero, Silver Umax, Deleon, and the newest detector to come out besides the Vaquero would be the Outlaw!

P.S. as you can see in my Signature Block, I do like Tesoro Metal Detectors!