Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie on this forum

BarberBill

Greetings and Happy New Year all. While I have participated heavily on several of the detector forums, this is my first venture on this one. I have a question that probably many of you can answer saving me (I'm lazy when I can tap others expertise) a fair bit of research. I know over the past year or two that Garmin and probably most of the others have come up with hand held units that can track the signals much better in the woods, down in gullies or canyons etc. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to which ones to study up on that serve well in this regard. I currently own a bit older Magellan Sportrak and a Sportrak Map. I don't need any more bells and whistles than these have, don't especially care about color screens, but occasionally wander in areas where these have a problem maintaining the signal so would consider upgrading if I find one that would serve well.
Thanks in advance,
BarberBill

I have a Garmin Etrex Venture HC that does real good in tree cover. I live in eastern Ky where we have deep hollows and a lot of tree cover. I never have a problem with the venture aquiring signals and giving a position. I use it in my metal detecting for finding old home sites down in the hollows. The Venture might be worth checking into. Cost is less than 200.00. If you choose the Garmins GPS the H models are the best for tree cover, they have a high sensitive receiver. Hope this helps.
God Bless,
KyBud

Thanks, I'll check that one out.
BB