Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie to Deus question

WoofWoof

Heading out tomorrow with my Deus for it's first "real" hunt. Been trying it out in my yard & have a question: After doing a ground balance, I hear quite a bit of chatter. Do you turn down the sensitivity and run it quiet or allow for some noise?

If it's too noisy for you, try a different frequency. If that's too noisy, then turn down the sensitivity. Usually the default of 90 sensitivity isn't too bad where I hunt. Just remember turning the sensitivity down decreases depth. More discrimination also decreases depth. The least amount of discrimination as well as the highest sensitivity you can handle will help increase your depth capabilities. This isn't always what your after though, sometimes seperation is the key to finding good targets and this is where the Deus shines.

Mke sure your balancing over clean ground.

i dont mind a little chattiness if I get a little more sensitivity or depth. Mine is usually a little chatty especially if it is laying down while digging my target but when the coil is on the ground it quietens down,

On the deus I like to rub a bit of noise. Good targets always hit much harder than noise. After a bit of hunting you will see how much more "round" good targets sound. Won't hurt you a bit to run 89/90 on sensitivity to be very stable till you learn it some. Then crank it up.

Holler if you have more questions. Love to help you! Bart

For a stable machine just run it in manual 90, gmp program in 12 khz. To squeeze a little more depth out of the machine you can lower the silencer (expert reactivity) to 1, but be aware it will false easier on deep iron with this setting. Watch the numbers and dig everything over 35. No number is a deep target and it does pay off to investigate.

GL and HH.

As a first hunt...do not be concerned with depth. I think it's much, much more important to get accustomed to the sounds it produces.

Listen especially to the sweet high tones coming from dimes and quarters. If possible try to hear what gold rings sound like. The sweetness extends there too.

Then listen to a crown cap...it'll have a similar high tone to the quarter...but with a sharp rude sound of iron.

Save your depth worries until later! Listen...listen and LEARN first!

Regards, Joe