Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newcomer from down-under

Birdseed

Hello all.
New member, live in Legana near Launceston Tasmania, Aust.

Have been into detecting for some years. but recently retired and bought a Sov. GT and a Safari for the wife, though I get to use it more than she.
Love the Sov. Read about them for years before I bought it and have never regretted it for a moment. Jury is still out on the Safari.
Also have a couple of home built units from magazine articles. love them both but of course they lack the sophistication of the Minelabs.

Mostly beach and old homestead searches so far. Tasmania's history is only 200 years of white settlement and the original aboriginal inhabitants had no metals. Also population of the whole state is only 500.000. This limits finds a little. Never fail to find something of interest though.

When detecting the local beach with the Sov. I found about 80 coins over 3 visits, (about 300 yards). Curiously all coin finds were small diameter, both old and new. Almost no large coins. Suspect that the beach has been done over before with a less sensitive detector.

Depth with the Sov is better than expected, Have found copper roves at 10 - 12 inches in wet salty sand (roves are small 3/16 inch copper washer like things used under the heads of nails used in boat building)

Anyway thought I should introduce myself

Cheers
Pete

Welcome Pete. I'm new at detecting and new to this forum. I mostly hunt for coins. My oldest so far is a 1918 Mercury Dime. I live in Pennsylvania, USA. Happy Hunting. Matt

Hi Pete. Good to have you here. I look forward to your posts. :detecting:

HH, crispy critter