Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newer coils for older Tesoros

straker

It's good to have a Tesoro again. I just purchased a Golden Sabre Plus with the open center 8" concentric coil. Have any of you used the newer generation of coils made in the last few years on these older Tesoros? I wonder if these newer coils can enhance the performance of the older models?

As far as I understand they are the same coils. I.E. specs they are manufactured.
I have the original donut 8 that came on my bandido II micromax and my Cutlass micromax and they perform the same as the white 8" do ut that cam on my outlaw.

However as far as the epoxy they use to fill them and how your original was taken care of and stored, you may see that it works better if the original isn't in good condition.

The only time I saw a coil that didn't work as intended was when I first got my Troy shadow x2. It looked perfect. Seemed to work perfect on my analog Tesoros. The only time I noticed oddness was with my Deleon.
Started getting funky screen reading on the display. So, I sent both the Deleon and the shadow into Tesoro. Originally I thought the Deleon needed to be tuned to the coil because it originally has the 9x8 spoke coil. When they contacted me they said the coil was bad/out of tune. They rebuilt it and tuned the Deleon to it. Now they are a match made in heaven.

Only point of the story is that older coils only don't function as well as the "new" ones when they are broken lol. My donut from the bandido II micromax and the Cutlass micromax (oldest I have) function perfectly.

But if you want a newer coil for trashier places or working closer to metal structures I would suggest the thin-profile 6" Concentric. That's ALL I use on my Tesoro's for all general purpose hunting and keep an 8" in my Accessory Coil Tote in case I want to use it in a wide-open, sparse-target environment.

Monte