Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

newly opened park hunted and cleaned

A

Anonymous

From the land of the Bluenose...after reading the newpaper the other day I discovered that a park which was built by the Lions Club opened last week in the metro area. Grabbing my gear I headed out to check it out with a full 5 hours sleep under my belt as I'm on the 1800-0600 shift.The park is set near a pristine lake with a few interesting older paths through the woods and around the lake , logging roads, changing house and canteen...not too mention a beach. Best part is that dogs are not allowed past the parking lot so doggie dew is at a minimum. I donned my water gear and headed in with no high expectations and for the next half hour I did my civic duty as a detectorist and removed bottle caps, old cans, spent shells and a few fish hooks but not one item worth keeping. The bottom is sandy with about an inch of fine white sand while underneath that it becomes a regular quagmire with logs and rocks protruding everywhere. I doubt that the swimming area will be used for a while till the bottom area is further cleared of these obstacles and some outside sand added. Lake does have a lot of potential for heavy useage and I'm going to take some time to clear out the underwater hazzards previuosly mentioned to facilitate the swimmers and of course our hobby.
From there it was off to another local lake to pick up a few coins(6) so that I wouldn't be skunked....which has yet to happen in 29 years of digging.