Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEWS FLASH - the logo discrimination works equally well on the AT PRO and..

I believe he means the Garrett logo on the front of the coil.. "Edge pass discrimination " (or what you call it.) Using the front or rear of the coil to determine if a bottle cap or not.. Approaching the target ( high tone) with the front edge of the coil it will give the truer reading and sound (low high low) then the middle of the coil which gives the just the high tone...

To tell if your belltone is a coin or bottlecap switch to zero mode, center the target, drag the coil straight back, and when the logo on the tip of the coil passes over the target the signal will change to BOOP! BOOP! and the cursor will fall under the iron icon if it's a bottlecap. If it's a coin the belltone will continue to sound off and the cursor will fall under the coins icons. Just takes a few seconds. This is on the 350. You can use it on the Pro along with the low high method to verify the target.

Bill

[size=large][/size]the logo discrimination means nothing and he knows it. Just a cute way to confuse most readers.

we after all are on a Garrett forum discussing Garrett detectors. It can be called anything you want to hang on it. Monte long ago labeled it Edge Pass Rejection. It's been around for many years and I assumed many were aware of it but apparently not and is the reason I tossed it out there. It's just a quirk incorporated into some coils, especially DD's. But you won't find it in the instruction manuals. For a long time they never included toe and heel pinpointing with a DD in the manual but now they do. Some of this stuff one has to figure out for themselves. When I field test a unit I'm always experimenting and looking for those quirks that never appear in the manual and try to bring them to light. Every little bit helps.

Bill

ffhauck said:
[size=large][/size]the logo discrimination means nothing and he knows it. Just a cute way to confuse most readers.

Do you have a better way of doing it we'd like for you to post it !