Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newspaper Printing Press Plate

flysar

Lead/Copper printers plate found on ranch land about 6 miles out of town. To bad it wasn't complete.
According the internet the quote was copyrighted Jun 26, 1907
"We'll treat you like an old friend and try to make one of you"
Maybe a bank ad?
The local paper said they'd try to help me locate the ad, if theirs, for a complete picture.

That is a nice find

That is a really cool find. I think I may have found one too. In the upper right of the photo, there is an image of a woman in a vintage dress. I wonder if this was some kind of newspaper press.

Comisoas, that could also be a mold that would make an impression on soap or food. Interesting. Is it made of lead?

Tinhorn, congratulations on that unique find. Will be very interesting if the bank can locate a copy of the complete ad. It sure looks old. Well done.

I am not sure...seems kind of like a copper or brass. You may be right about the use for soap. I found it where an old house once stood.

Cool stuff Del! Lets go hunting!