Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Next Detector?

Looks like I have $650 to spend on my replacement detector. I currently have the whites treasure pro. I don't do water proof hunts and I mostly search for coins and random stuff. What would you guys recommend? Thanks for any advise!

Just knowing all the detectors I have went through, I would try for a nice used E-trac. I got my E-trac last year and I have never looked back.

Just a idea,

Ron in WV

Depends on how much you are going to use it. The E-Trac is a great detector no doubt and one that I like a lot, but the learning curve is more for a person that has the time to learn it and understand it as it does take a while of just using it to be good with it. I would say it will take at least 40 hours to understand the E-Trac for most and longer for others of using it, so if you only go out a couple times a week for a couple hours each time this may not be the best option.
The one I have for my wife which does very good for her as she don't get out as much as I do and is a fun detector to use and that is the Whites MXT. I been using a Minelab Sovereign GT mostly plus I did have all the different Explorers and the E-Trac too and find I like my Sovereign the best only because I know it well, the E-Trac would be my choice if I didn't have the Sovereign as my main detector. Now the MXT when I used it to help the wife with it I found I enjoyed detecting with it so much more as it was so easy to use and set up for anyone that has had a detector before, it is more of a turn on and go detector and great for those that spend a lot of time that want to detect and not spend the time to learn it. Now if you have the time the E-Trac would be a great detector and seen them in the $800 range used, new they are around $1500, most of us are waiting for the new Minelab Equinox that sell for $900 that sounds good too, but no one has one yet to see, but some will have them latter this week. Check them out and see what those that were able t get one or ask on the Whites forum about the MXT and see what others are saying about them.

Rick

You could just move up from Treasure Pro and get the MX7. The sweet spot for me is the M6 coin and jewelry detector which is basically an MXT All Pro without relic and prospecting features, but the M6 has the same horsepower as the MXT. I shopped around and got mine for $549 package deal. Buy a new machine and you’ll be covered under warranty.

Just ordered a Quest 40. Why? I don't have the slightest idea. A foreign machine? Don't know. Tried the phone number in Andy's review and got a recording --no name no nothing . Maybe wrong number in mag.

Mxt pro and M6 are awesome. Get used M6 couple coils and a pinpointer for that kind of dough. Very underappreciated machine!

then they quit paying-was not sure for a while they were still in business.
Have an office in Ca.
https://hobby-detecting.com/the-truth-about-deteknix-quest-series-detectors-facts-and-proofs-why-not-to-buy-chinese-fakes/