Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Next Generation Metal Detectors in the form of smart phones.

SpiritRelic

I was reading and trying to copy the page and url and lost the page.The page was from a electronics engineering company that was saying that the race is on to make small type touch screen metal Detectors that resemble smart phones.It can be worn on the side or clipped on the rod.The article went on to say with this devise you can purchase your knew detector on line saying one could virtually have five different detectors on this one computerized devise with constant updates and features.The screen is touch screen just like the smart phones and will have amazing new age and accurate features.I will try to back track and find the article.I truly believe this will happen.

Sounds like the rover uc by okmmetaldetectors

Here is an interesting article from Harvard about some grads who have hooked a smartphone up to what appears to be a stock detector http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/05/targeting-leftover-land-mines/

what I find to be the most interesting part is that they say they are able to figure out what the shape of the object is, and that is represented on the smartphone

Welcome to the XP Deus. Although its not touch screen yet, I'm sure it won't be long.
Its everything else you described.

Ha doesn't even consider that... Maybe this article that spirit relic was looking at was way out dated...

Yes i have looked at the deus.I looked at XP way before the deus came out and quickly realized that this is a awesome metal detector company.A perfect example of the future of metal detector design.You are right on.On board video,constant internet connection to let thousands enjoy your every move on a treasure hunt.No more heavy box detectors.Simply amazing!.

Thanks for that link GKMan. I went throught EOD school in 1960 and used mine detectors for finding buried land mines and booby trap trip wires. Thank the Gods that we weren't at war with anyone in 1960. They worked well but it was in a controlled environment, i.e., no pull tabs (actually they weren't invented yet), no can slaw ( the rotary lawn mower may have been in it's infancy), and the use of the land was controlled closely by US (Uncle Sam - named after Sam Wilson of Troy, NY, a meat supplier to the US Army). That's your history lesson for today kids! LOL

These new generation detectors will have internet capability.When you want an update,you just download the update.If you want a new detector,you download one onto your main device.

Spirit do you have a link to this article that you first mentioned?

Today, I won't carry a cellphone when :detecting: cause I don't want to be interupted by a call, so I'm pretty sure that ...

In the future, I won't want my metal detector calling me to tell me I just missed a target! :surprised: