Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice 1820/19 Large cent & More

doninbrewster

Got permission to hunt a house built in 1740 and found a corroded large cent which wasn't even worth showing. I'm a real estate broker and while doing an open house there for other brokers I asked one of them if he could get me permission to detect a house he was selling. He called while he was there and got me permission. The photos are what I found. The large cent is an 1820 over 19 and cleaned up well. I really liked finding the match book holder which still had the remains of a pack of matches. The tablespoon is pewter, The old watch is 10k rolled gold plate, which appears to be 10k gold rolled out to a thin sheet and pressed onto the watch. Interesting assortment of finds. I'd rather find these types of odds and ends over finding clad any day of the week. Oh, I did find a silver Roosevelt too. Sorry the pictures don't do justice to the large cent. It's the second nicest I've ever found as far as overall eye appeal.

1820largecentobversehighres.jpg
1820largecentrevers10-30-13.jpg
1820largecentobversehighresdate.jpg
miscfinds10-31-13.jpg
miscfinds210-31-13.jpg

That is a sweet find. One I haven't crossed off my bucket list yet.

Man large cents are one of my favorite coins you can never find enough, congrats on the great finds bud

Mason Jar, I did find an 1807/6 Draped Bust a few years ago, but I don't find many.

Great finds!

Congrats on a fantastic find !
I would think that being in the Real Estate Business would be a real advantage in finding sites to hunt - old vacant houses, etc. !