Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice 2 piece Eagle button found.

A

Anonymous

Yesterday went to a demo that has been producing some good stuff.They recently moved some dirt around,so a couple of my buddy's and went back in.Right away I eyeballed a clay marble and it was my first decorated one.It has 4 red stripe's and 4 black stripe's on it.Then going along I got a nice signal and dug up a really nice old bone handle pocket knife,then right after that I got the button.It is of civil war type,has the eagle with shield and a "I" in the shield,still has about 50% of the gold gilt.After that I eyeballed the biggest clay marble I have found,it is the size of a half dollar.
Here's the maker's mark and year's it was made.Was able to get that from a site that has button maker's and date's made.
W.H. Horstmann&Son's year's produced 1843-1863.Thank's for looking and HH,Tom