Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nice barber quarter

DougF

This one checked off a couple firsts for me - first New Orleans minted coin, and first pre-1900 barber coin. I was hunting this morning in a wooded area in an old park. The soil is very moist due to a summer of rain and the weeds are almost gone, thanks to the deer. I got a good silver-sounding signal, but the conductivity was dropping down into the lower 20s. It was a deep one though, which in this area is always something good. Dug a hole down about 7 inches. I saw the remains of the change purse first, then the shiny quarter in the dirt pile. An 1894-O quarter, fairly low mintage, but not a semi-key. Looks like F or VF to me. I searched the hole and deepened it looking for more coins, but nothing. Other finds were a 1951 wheat and two memorials. This was also my first change purse. Total hunt time 2.0 hrs.

When I was a kid I had a Compass Coin Hustler. I remember a coin spill while detecting a vacant lot. I don't remember the coins, but do remember finding a coin purse clasp similar to yours. Haven't had that memory pop up for many many years.

Chris(SoCenWI)

[size=medium]I think I would've been praying for more silver with the remains of the purse, but that's one sweet quarter regardless- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --[/size]