Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nice fall day for a two school hunt

larbear

Saturday was very rainy and chilly, no detecting that day. Sunday was just about perfect weather for getting out and doing some searching. I wore shorts and a T-shirt and was comfortable all afternoon.

First stop was an elementary school with a very large sports field behind it. Dug some clad, lots of can slaw, pull tabs, and the .925 ring with the beaded edges. The 925 ring gave me a 78-81 signal on the F-70 with the 11"coil.

Next stop was a high school. I have been needing some new places to search and was out driving around when I saw this high school that I have never searched before. A nice bonus is that there is a middle school just down the road that I have never searched before. Both schools have large sports fields around the perimeters for soccer, football, and baseball. Those should keep me busy for awhile.

So far I've only searched the soccer field at the high school. I stayed off the field itself, just searching the sidelines and behind the goal posts. Found some more clad, more trash, and another 925 ring, the one with the MDE initials on it. Once again, a high 70's low 80's signal on the F-70.

Ran out of time or I might have stayed longer, but I was getting tired after 4+ hours of searching. Total clad was $6.38. Runs my clad total for the year to $275.64. I have found several 925 items, but still no gold for 2016. Maybe next time ? Good luck and have some fun out there.

I love seeing regular detecting outing finds.. Looks like you had a good time..

Nice beaded ring. Jewelry is always good. That's a lot of good stuff in a relatively short time.

Thanks Elton ! Yes, I was having a good time. I try to get out often. It feeds my addiction, I consider it my "therapy".

Thanks jim tn. It was a beautiful day and I spent several hours enjoying one of my favorite hobbies. I really enjoy seeing your posts too, you recover some good stuff !

Thanks still lookin 52. There seems to be many detectorists in my area, 30 minutes from me in a larger city, there is a club. I think what might be happening a lot of the time, is that some of the people are specializing in recovering the "older stuff", like old silver coins, relics, etc. Then there are a few people, ( I think ) who mainly water hunt.

I have no argument with the people who like to specialize in recovering certain items (be it old coins, relics, jewelry, whatever). I love to find the older silver coins, mercs, walking liberties, SLQ's etc. But they seem to be getting more scarce all the time. I like to find "stuff" and there seems to be more clad out there than anything else, except for trash. I'll dig clad and perhaps find some gold or silver while I'm at it. The clad adds up over time and I can use that money to buy old silver coins, jewelry or whatever. For me it is the thrill of the hunt, even the clad is fun to find.

I will hunt newer areas that probably have no old silver coins, such as the newer parks, newer schools. The old public parks and schools in my neck of the woods have been hunted so much and so hard, that it is not much fun to hunt them any more. I keep my eyes open for older homes that are being demo'd or new landscaping, older curbstrips. Then I will go after the older silver coins.

Thanks dfmike, beautiful weather and lots of targets to investigate. What more could a detectorist ask for ?