Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice find with the Explorer XS

coinspader

I don't post here very often but I thought I would with this find I made yesterday with my Explorer XS. A great condition Walking Liberty half that was about 11 inches down in a spot that me and my friend have hit many times with lots of other detectors including other FBS units. It read high right on the smart screen in one direction and like a pulltab in the other direction. We had gotten a lot of rain the day before and the ground was pretty saturated, I was running in ferrous at manual 23. I think this find once again proved to me that I should keep hitting areas that I think are hunted out because chances are there are still good finds left waiting to be found.,
20210710_123716.jpg
20210710_123719.jpg
20210710_124020_HDR.jpg
20210710_124028_HDR.jpg

Beautiful WL!!!

Not much human usage showing…… nice recovery!!!

Sweet find!

I probably would have passed that up. A sitting liberty quarter I found yesterday rang up in copper penny range with one swing and nothing on the other. I only dug it because I found a Merc a few feet away and am getting to know my Nox. Usually I would have passed this, and your coin by.

Boy that’s a nice Walking Liberty. 👍
Yes, keep hitting them for sure. If you aren’t gridding off the area chances are you missed something. If I’m in a productive place that’s turned up many great coins I will hunt it relentlessly.
Theres one park that I have hit non stop for probably 20 years and it just keeps on giving. Then again I can’t really grid it off except by eyesight. Hence things are missed.

I’ll bet you’re right CS, there are likely ALOT of coins left, especially at depth, that are canted at an angle and don’t read properly on the backswing. That’s a HELL of a good find to pull from heavily hunted ground! The RIGHT amount of moisture can make a big difference, as you see…I would take that on ANY day!