Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice little chunk of silver...

REVIER

Found on the sidelines of a soccer field.
Weird signal...mid 80's quarter on the F70 and standard coil but drops down to the 70's too, and in air testing it does the same.
I believe this is a bi-metal ring and that is not a stone in the middle there.
That would explain the jumpy numbers.
Whatever...silver jewelry piece number 7 for the young year.

Now thats a Honker!!! Nice job Revier.Look I thought you use to be a beep and dig man.Did you backslide:rofl: or do you still use your old beep and dig machine?I'm ordering a Vaq in a couple of weeks.HH:

That IS a nice chunk! That kind of signal, most guys would probably mistake as a crowncap, but, knowing you, you hit it from a few angles and got solid 'dig me'...That 70 is a real good tool for sifting through the chaff, especially in your hands!.
Sweet! Keep it coming!:clapping:
Mud

Thats a nice one ""

metalfun said:
Now thats a Honker!!! Nice job Revier.Look I thought you use to be a beep and dig man.Did you backslide:rofl: or do you still use your old beep and dig machine?I'm ordering a Vaq in a couple of weeks.HH:

Thanks!
That Vaquero is one heck of a detector...enjoy your time with it and learn it well and you will be repaid many times over.

I firmly believe I would have never got as good as I did with my F2 or come quite as far in such a short time with my F70 if I didn't have hundreds and hundreds of hours swing time in with my Vaquero and then my Compadre.
I still use both from time to time even now.
I have always said and always will believe that experience hunting with units that use only sound can do nothing but make hunters with screens better.

It makes me laugh when sound hunters state that guys with screens will absolutely miss great targets.
This is true to a point, but the real truth is this will happen a lot only if screen guys think that everything they see on the screen is gospel and 100% accurate...the smart hunters know not to do this and use ALL information at their disposal, both screen and audio clues.
This is a very important thing to know when using Fishers...audio is extremely important when using these things, and the more you learn the total Fisher language the more you will find including the not so obvious targets.

This knowledge came in handy on this particular target for sure.
This info should be posted in the Fisher forum as a tip for the newbies, but as long as the point is raised I will post it here.
This thing was not deep and at first came in at an 84-85 which is a usual dead-on quarter.
As I made short quick swipes the numbers kept bouncing into the high 70's and was no longer within my strict digging rules of only bending over do dig solid signals that don't jump more than 2 or 3 numbers from one if not two directions.
Most of the time when both my Fishers do this it usually ends up to be trash so to save energy and precious time I came up with this rule and I still seem to find more than enough great targets while digging less trash than ever before.
Sure I could miss something here and there doing it like this, but I made up my mind long ago not to worry about that anymore and just enjoy myself on every hunt no matter what I find.

This signal was jumpy from two ways but the audio was solid, sweet, and sharp.
This could have been a pop top, they act similarly but not quite with bigger jumps down to lower levels and without such a sharp tone, or the very moist ground could be causing this because I had several dimes that would not lock on instantly this day and did some bouncing, but all quarters were always solid.
All this ran through my head instantly and I finally decided this was probably a quarter with another coin in close proximity like a dime or copper cent.
I had to dig it for two reasons.
I was out here to dig and not just swing my detector around, and more importantly that sweet sound I kept hearing every time I swung over it.
If it was trash so be it and I could spare the few seconds and energy to find out because this was only the third signal I had dug for that day.
Rules or no rules on a signal like this the what if's would have bothered me for the rest of the day and I still believed there was probably a quarter down there somewhere.
When I bent over and opened a small shallow hole and saw what was sitting in the dirt I smiled.

I was still confused at that moment and a little later on when I air tested this thing and could never get a solid locked in quarter number, but after realizing the "stone" was not actually a stone but some other metal besides silver it made sense.
If this is a little piece of copper that would explain things nicely.

I am glad I learned what I learned, know what I know and used it all on this target or I would have never been able to post these pretty pictures in this thread of this sweet little shiny ring.

togg77 said:
Interesting---what do you think the "non"stone is made of?

Maybe copper, up close it actually looks very nice.
A unique find for me, glad I found it.

A very nice silver ring:thumbup: