Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice little hunt today

Bucksport

For those who enjoy seeing what a regular hunt with some trash looks like :) One 1920 wheatie, some change, and a few nickels. I actually call this a decent hour out. Not every hunt produces the mind blowing finds :)
The Time Ranger likes those nickels.
E9828365-ABA6-429B-B913-6DB181471FFB_zpswazetovv.jpg

Just putting in your dues is what I call it. When you keep digging eventually you will get the good stuff.
Good to hear the TR likes nickels - must be good on gold jewelery too I am betting. HH Gene

Those are older tabs, and older coins! :drool:
You are working that place right for gold or silver chains...sometimes they sound just like an aluminum wire like that piece you found..:thumbup: good work!
Mud

I plan on continually hitting this old ball field for as long as I can detect :) It is less than a mile from home, so it is my go to spot for a quick hunt. I am hunting out in left center field, which used to be the infield before 1970. I have not found any modern trash. I am pretty sure all the easy silver has been cherry picked log ago, but as long as I can keep finding the older tabs and green coins I will surely find some gold.
I start out in disc target mode, which sounds off on everything. Then when I get an iron signal I will blank it out. The TR has 4 levels of iron, and then foil. All before you get to nickel. I always keep foil in. When I dig a nickel I then hit sniff. Now I will only find + or - 15 numbers around a solid nickel. I feel good about this process. Mind you these are usually just hour long hunts. If I were to hunt longer I would do things differently.
HH all

You are thinking right...a fellow has to tell himself, based upon finds like those, that theres gold in there someplace! Those close to home sites are perfect for short burst methodical hunting, all a guy needs as a half hour from time to time...I found my first gold ring in such a place...shallow center field, girls class ring, sounded EXACTLY like a pulltab..lost in 87.... located her and gave it back..figured she would tell me she was throwing somebody out at home plate, or taking off her glove as she ran off the field, but no, she said she was out there at night once drinking with friends and lost it...that wheatie could also mean silver, especially if its a dime on edge that got missed, or a massive multidenom stack or slanted spill that sounds like junk...funny what one copper penny and a nickel will do to a Q signal....I'm excited to see what else you find out there...
Mud

Gene said:
Just putting in your dues is what I call it. When you keep digging eventually you will get the good stuff.
Good to hear the TR likes nickels - must be good on gold jewelery too I am betting. HH Gene

If there is a nickel in the ground, the TR will find it.

Sure is good information for a jewelry hunter like myself ! Just love those nickel signals.
Good hunting to you ! Gene

Gene said:
Sure is good information for a jewelry hunter like myself ! Just love those nickel signals.
Good hunting to you ! Gene
Gene, for the price of these units, it would be worth getting one just to look for those low conductors :detecting:

That sure is the truth ! I know some detectors don't do so well on low conductors
and when I see someone mention one that does it gets my attention. Didn't even
realize the TR was still available until I saw your post saying you were getting one.
Not really a coin hunter myself - except for the nickels I come across. Been a jewelry
hunter on sports fields for quite some time. From what you have been saying you're
very glad you got your TR. Good hunting to you ! Gene