Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice looking machine

jld66

Well over two years and Tesoro can't come out with a detector like this yet? Are these not all the features that were suggested when they asked what we would like to have, well over two years ago. Other companies actually have and are doing it. I like Tesoro machines but lately, they have obviously become inept in the detector industry. Sorry, guess the truth is hard to take for some. Yeah, Tesoro's management does need a freaking wake up call there in Arizona and i'm saying so... lol.

jld66 said:
Well over two years and Tesoro can't come out with a detector like this yet? Are these not all the features that were suggested when they asked what we would like to have, well over two years ago. Other companies actually have and are doing it. I like Tesoro machines but lately, they have obviously become inept in the detector industry. Sorry, guess the truth is hard to take for some. Yeah, Tesoro's management does need a freaking wake up call there in Arizona and i'm saying so... lol.

How is it working for you?

pinenut said:
jld66 said:

How is it working for you?
Don't think you can get it here yet. A friend in England just got it. Dual freq, single or multi tone, volume control. Looks to be darn good and he will let me know. Other companies can do it. If this supposed new tesoro does not come close to something like this when or if it comes out. Us in the real world will know they are no longer a viable company anymore. We will see if they can do anything else beside manufacturing their current line up. There was just recently a thing done on a facebook group. Which detector do you use, there were eight brands to choose from, 342 people replied, and only 6 use a tesoro as of this evening. That is pretty darn bad, Tesoro is dead last by a huge margin. Just my observation of reality I guess. Do wish I am wrong though. But, when you have stats like that, what can be said about it in the broader scope of things. Seems evident that Tesoro is dying slowly to anyone with common sense. Hope i'm wrong.

How can the machine you picture relate directly to what Tesoro can, and can not, do in the field of building detectors ?.
If this post turns into a slamming of Tesoro.I assure you it will disappear rather quickly.. This is only your opinion. I'm sure others will have an opposite opinion of your personal view.
So let's refrain from making this a slamming attack on [size=medium]any[/size] company please.This is after all a beep and dig forum. The Guvner decided to offer.....for posting your finds and good times detecting. [size=medium]Not a bashing forum.[/size]

Looks like it can be bought directly from manufacturer and shipped to US for a little under $600 at current exchange rates; paying with paypal. Or Amazon has one listed for $750.

Be interesting to hear a report on it.

When Tesoro came out with the Tejon and the Vaquero, they were light years ahead in the metal detector industry. The problem with VLF technology is that in order to see deeper in the ground, you have to use up more voltage, and thus a 9 volt battery would only last minutes from a full charge to a dead one, hence a high gain. I am sure that anyone on here with a Tejon would love to go head to head with you and see how both work under the same conditions.

Elton said:
How can the machine you picture relate directly to what Tesoro can, and can not, do in the field of building detectors ?.
If this post turns into a slamming of Tesoro.I assure you it will disappear rather quickly.. This is only your opinion. I'm sure others will have an opposite opinion of your personal view.
So let's refrain from making this a slamming attack on [size=medium]any[/size] company please.This is after all a beep and dig forum. The Guvner decided to offer.....for posting your finds and good times detecting. [size=medium]Not a bashing forum.[/size]
Well, this is a forum is it not? For others to state their opinions even if they differ from yours. I am a Tesoro user and use to defend them myself until it just became futile.This has the features, when they asked, that people wanted and they just can't seem to come out with it or anything for that matter. Why is it when anyone who does not have absolute praise to say about Tesoros short comings, they are bashing them? Guess that what happens when everyone gets a trophy or a participant ribbon in contests now. Don't give any criticism because it may just hurt their poor feelings.

This is the Beep & Dig forum.......... created by Guvner for sharing your Beep & Dig experiences detecting.. NOT FOR BASHING ANY COMPANY !!

golden mask 5+ coming soon but has a screen :biggrin:

guess Tesoro do what Tesoro do and I do what I do and if they match up along the way if not ....

AJ

I seem to find enough targets using my basic beep and dig Tesoros, so what more do I need? I agree with Elton btw.
BB

I'm a fan of Tesoro, do use them, and always recommend them to anyone. Just how long are we suppose to stay optimistic and giving them the benefit of the doubt about this new detector though. If they could not come out with it, why get everyone excited then? Other companies are doing it. It's just a big disappointment to a large proportion of their already small group of customers. That Facebook poll is up to 387, between 8 brands, and Tesoro is still holding strong at 6 and I am one of those 6. That is pathetic and it's kinda upsetting that they just seem to either ignore and/or accept it. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing. Some say this is bashing them, no, it's more concern than anything. A small amount of an ever dwindling fan base is not going to keep them going. You don't have to be smart to figure that one out. With machines already coming out with the features that were told to them were wanted when they asked years ago. They just keep losing more and more. I love their detectors but, junior does not seem to have what it takes to even remotely compete in the industry anymore and that is plainly obvious. Guess i'm just not in denial about it though... lol

I don't think that most Tesoro users are as concerned with having the latest-greatest, but rather, having a simple and effective detector that's easy to swing all day and doesn't cost too much. My Tesoros work very well. What I need...is to find better places to hunt. If Tesoro comes out with something really cool, I may buy one. Meanwhile, I already have some of the best detectors Tesoro has made.... Enough to last two lifetimes. :bouncy:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5thVuKMZI[/video]

It is a nice detector............................................the audio has the Minelab Advantage chirpy sound as well as a low sound for iron.
Right now cost is about $456 to $476US that includes shipping to the US.

Golden Mask 5 with target Id is about $15 more

And don't forget the GM 3
A bit more expensive.

Then not forget, the Pirate Pro models, again very competitive and basically shares the circuitry from that is very similar to that of the GM.
I understand the circuitry of both brands originates from a similar base detector circuitry............................
Woodchiphustler has a Pirate, loves it.

So there are alternative beep and digs that can be had at very competitive prices to the T company.
You just have to look outside the T-box, not made in the USA items. That is if your not brand loyal and interested in a detector with better performance for the price......
I was closed minded for a number of years, then decided to step outside my comfort zone and kicked myself a number of times for not trying something different back then.
kicking-myself-image-man-himself-37498981.jpg

pinenut said:
I don't think that most Tesoro users are as concerned with having the latest-greatest, but rather, having a simple and effective detector that's easy to swing all day and doesn't cost too much. My Tesoros work very well. What I need...is to find better places to hunt. If Tesoro comes out with something really cool, I may buy one. Meanwhile, I already have some of the best detectors Tesoro has made.... Enough to last two lifetimes. :bouncy:
I get your point. But when you only have 6 out of 387 customers, and that's the last time I checked it this afternoon, the future seems grim. It's not about us having latest and greatest. I'll probably never need another one myself either. It's about their future and with stats like that, it don't look bright for them. We are not the ones able to keep them going, it is the future customers that's going to be doing that and obviously their detectors are no longer appealing to most. Just would hate to see them go. But, the path they have been going down these past few years, the writing is on the wall and it's a down right sad to see. Sven's right, more features, great or better performance, for the same money. That's what the masses want. Tesoro's latest break through, gives a two color option. lol

I love Tesoro detectors but I confess I've been spoiled by tone Id with minelabs I can live without a screen but like to have tones that's why I bought a Deepteck vista smart plus it's from the same country as the others but you have a dealer here in USA Backwoods Detectors.out of Tennessee and a repair center in USA. I love mine .

Yes, these Golden Masks look like really nice machines... and they do seem to have many of the features we are hoping to see on the next Tesoro. It will be very tempting not to consider purchasing one of these down the road, but I will wait until they hit the market more fully here in the US.

Now having said that, one still has to weigh in the fact that the Tesoro is American made... and that does mean something! Also, these GMs only have a 5 year warranty. What will you do when this $600 machine needs repairing? Ship it to Bulgaria!?!?

I am looking at buying a new Tejon or Vaquero myself. As I have never owned either, they might as well be new. 2017 models! And if something goes wrong, I know who to call and who to talk to in Arizona to solve the problem.

Nuff said!

Irvin D Burke said:
I love Tesoro detectors but I confess I've been spoiled by tone Id with minelabs I can live without a screen but like to have tones that's why I bought a Deepteck vista smart plus it's from the same country as the others but you have a dealer here in USA Backwoods Detectors.out of Tennessee and a repair center in USA. I love mine .
I too, am spoiled. Only trouble is I went over an area where I trusted my favorite tone/numeric id machine with the Compadre and found stuff I'd missed! Sometimes I wonder if serious Tesoro users are sitting back and laughing. BTW, I too have used Richard's detectors and he was fast, efficient, and informed.:thumbup:

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if Tesoro comes out with a new machine. The ones that are currently available do a great job. If you want more features than Tesoro offers then the answer is quite simple. Buy something else. But if your Tesoro is working for you then stop worrying about what the company does or doesn't do. Not all businesses strive for growth. Some are content to remain where they are, especially if they are already profitable.