Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice thing about learning a new machine

Waterdog

You dig targets that you normally would not dig trying to figure out what the new machine is telling you. I have found a few cosmetic pieces of jewelry, but nothing real...yet

The Zip-Zip nugget hunting book said the author would throw a gold nugget out in front of his students and told them to find it. They would search meticulously with near-perfect form until they found it then go right back to their old ways. LOL He said search like you know there is a target right out in front of you.

Me, I toss a very small gold ring in my yard then search for it.

Agreed, I found a 14K wedding band the second time out with my ORX. Just digging all targets. Sounded better than any gold ring I have found with other detectors.
[attachment 368831 Ring.jpg]

I went to a hunt in Rye patch and they was doing a demo on a gold machine that had a meter on it. I was out swinging it away and watching the meter. Then I thought about when I used to hunt for gold and had red a book on hunting for gold called zip zip.
I then started hunting not looking at the meter and listened for that sound I had heard on my old gold machine. A few moments later I heard that distinct sound and told them that was the target I wanted and sure enough it was that Gold nugget they had placed out there. I was happy that I had not looked at that meter.