Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickel day at the park

Bill_S

Went to one of my local parks and found a lot of clad but was surprised at the number of nickels. I used the V3i with the small 4x6 coil. I ran it wide open and assigned high tones to nickels and zinc pennies and above. Seems to work excellent for trashy parks.

Yes, The V3I is One of The best Discriminators out there, and with The 22.5 Frequency it loves Nickle's / low conductors, But it still can discriminate out small Iron while getting the small jewelry. :thumbup:

Thats onething i did notice right off the bat when i got my VX3 is my nickle count improved big time.. Nice recoveries.

Ah this is where ur hiding these days WJS! Anyway, I have been watching ur v3i videos and you pretty much sold me on one. I love the way u analyze the targets and i look forward to more videos. I posted this request on another forum, maybe you can help.

"I am asking if a fellow forum member(s) would provide a air test video on the whites spectra v3i using all analyze modes at fringe depths using the stock coil. I would like to see the polar plot, the "wave" mode, and the standard mode."

and

"What i would like to see is the readings(displays) on fringe targets. For example, how does the polar plot look on a quarter at fringe depth? How about the wave display? Are the lines closer together or farther apart? On the normal display with an air tested fringe depth quarter, is there a huge scatter? What I am trying to determine is, the CTX Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint is very weak at fringe depths, I am wondering if its the same case with the V3i. I am thinking on buying one."

Thanks!

Bey

I will see what I can do but I believe the deeper the target the less accurate they will be also, especially in the ground. Will try to get to it by this weekend if no one else does. I may have time later tonight. I just got one of the new Detech ultimate coils for it and hopefully can test it this weekend too.

n/t

wow, congrats on all those nickles. Could you post (or describe how to find) a link to some of your V3I videos. i would love to watch them.

Thanks,
Gary

Some of my videos have ads in them so I cant post a link here but if you go to youtube and search for Dirtfishing (one word) you should be able to see all my videos.

Ahh, my bad. I didnt know who you were. i have subscribed to your channel and watched most of your videos. I personally think they are the best metal detecting videos on youtube. Thanks very much for all the hard work you do. I have learned a tremendous amount about my V3I by watching them. Thanks again.

yup WJS is the real deal when it comes to great videos!

Bey

do you have any setting for the v3i?