Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickel hunt:minelab:

TwoRivers

Monday Andy and myself went back to our Fairground site and hunted for nickels. He was experimenting with his xp deus and myself with the SE Pro.. We did have success finding nickels, He found a couple of war nickels and other coins as well.. My take for the morning ended up being what you see in the pictures.

3 war nickels
2 buffalo 1927 and 1930
3 jefferson nickels...

Thanks for looking..

John

TwoRivers - great idea, I like it. There are times when I decide to only coin shoot for nickels.

n/t

Elton said:

Elton my set up for hunting nickels is based on a couple of things...One, I'm looking for nickels and possibly gold jewelry. I have set up the detector for fast and deep search in the auto mode 32 sensitivity using the 4.5 x 7 coil in the nail infested ground. I use the digital screen looking for the second number bracket to read between 5 and 9 ( example 12........6 on the screen)... When I pin point the target in all metal I'm looking for a small target area in the response that shows a slow rise in audio instead of a quick abrupt rise in audio.. Nickels and gold have a smoother slower rise in the audio in the pinpoint mode... It's takes some patience and practice to learn and hear the difference in the responses you get.. It does work! I hope this helps you some......

John in Va...

I never notice a slow rise in my Exp II pin point audio, I will listen more intently next time out.
normally I look for nickels around 10 like 10- 05 is a definate but mens gold rings don't come close that number for my machine

Nice post. Sometimes it's good to try a different type of hunt. A little variety is nice and sometimes the finds are surprising.
Bruce

n/t