Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickel signal turned out to be gold.:clapping:

Hello fellows,

Our club had our monthly hunt yesterday at another pounded park, but still stuff to be found. Right off the bat my buddy Lee pulled out a worn 1920 merc on about his third target. Then he got another 1906 Indian and a couple of wheats. He had bragging rights just before our lunch break as far as coins go as all I had was some clad. I was working this one hillside and close to a big tree when I got a good nickel target. It was reading 11 ferrous and 6 conductive and pretty deep so I was hoping for maybe a buff or a V, but what a surprise when I saw the gold in a clump of dirt.:surprised: I cleaned it off and saw 14kt and a really nice single diamond. It has been awhile since I have found a nice ring and this one made my day. I finally went back to my car for lunch and showed off the ring. Lee did make a comment that there were times when he has found a Indian and I ended up finding a gold ring, so I just hope my pal Lee keeps finding the Indians when we go detecting together. The park was loaded with people with the nice weather and a farmers market going plus a pro-rally of pot smoking pot heads. After lunch Lee and went back out and away from all the people and I got a good signal. Dug a plug and scooped out a couple hands of dirt and saw this silver disc staring back at me. I called Lee over for a look and as I rubbed some of the dirt off I could see the eagle on the back and knew I had a SLQ. I have to admit that this is the worst silver coin I have dug up that was pitted so bad and looked like something that you would find at a salt water beach. I soaked her over night and washed it off with soap and a fine tooth brush, but you can still see the small pits and looks like it was sand blasted kind of. At least I found a semi-key date coin that is worth a few bucks and worth more then any other coins that I have found. She had a good date 1919s and my forth SLQ since I have been detecting. I had bragging rights on the way home. but Lee will get even down the road.:buds: Thanks for looking and HH to everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.

Eddie

Very nice Eddie ... congrats !!!

Great finds Eddie! I am about to post a really nice seated quarter I found today, but yours puts mine to shame. As a collector of SLQ's I can assure you that one is worth far more than a few bucks, but I'm sure you know that. As pictured it looks like a minimum XF to AU, which makes it worth over $500! Congrats sir!!

Contunued success!

Jeff in Mass

Eddie --

WOW!!! Congrats to you, my friend, on two SUPER SUPER digs!!!

I have exactly ONE SLQ to my name, so far, and would love to dig another.

Meanwhile, I also have ONE gold ring -- an old, broken, 10K piece that looks like crap. I have been digging EVERY "06" CO number I run across, hoping to find a gold ring posing as a nickel. While my nickel count has gone through the roof, I have YET to find that elusive nickel hit that ends up being a ring. YOU, my friend, have given me encouragement that it will happen eventually! :)

Congratulations on a FINE hunt!

Steve

n/t

Eddie, I found an SLQ a few years back in the exact same condition, in great shape but has a sandblasted look on both sides. It's hard to see in this pic but it's there. This has regained my curiosity.

The only thing I can attribute the sandblasted look was maybe from any fertilizer that was used on the grass at this park. Thanks for sharing your SLQ and what seems to be the same kind of condition.

Eddie

great finds eddie that sounds like a great club hunt keep it up

Well don Eddie nothing like pulling gold...
Diggervance