Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickel test Video

godigit1

I did a little test with a nickel to show that you do not necessarily need full power to hit deeper coins. 50% power, nickel at 8 inches strong, tone break at 40. The signal is a bit iffy but keep in mind this is a freshly buried coin and no halo is formed and also I should have packed the dirt better. One park I hunt has extremely bad EMI so I have to hunt at low sens allot there and I am impressed at how deep I can still pull some items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuVXn3yuDO0

HH Everyone

Interesting. I wish you would have run additional sweeps at higher sens to test thte effect of getting an accurate VDI at different levels. At least that's why I crank mine up.

Jimbog said:
Interesting. I wish you would have run additional sweeps at higher sens to test thte effect of getting an accurate VDI at different levels. At least that's why I crank mine up.
After the fact I thought that about that as well, I will do that this evening as the nickel is still there. The only bad thing is i have real bad EMI at my house but I will crank it up as much as possible i am also going to pack the dirt down and wet it this morning. its going to be hot today so it should dry by tonight.
Stay Tuned, LOL

So where are you ? What kind of soil..and how hot is it ???
Be nice to hear how much emi you have and see how it affects coin hunting on your video...

godigit1 said:
Jimbog said:
After the fact I thought that about that as well, I will do that this evening as the nickel is still there. The only bad thing is i have real bad EMI at my house but I will crank it up as much as possible i am also going to pack the dirt down and wet it this morning. its going to be hot today so it should dry by tonight.
Stay Tuned, LOL

I really appreciate it! When I get the EMI chatter in my yard and other places I notice it settles down a little if I keep the coil lowered. If you want to have some more fun try a peice of gold jewelry. I borrowed a few pieces from my wifes collection last fall and tested some detectors. Most were pretty even around 2-3 inches but results will change if you get it down to around 5-6 inches. Some units failed to detect, some disc it out to look like trash (those with VDI numbers bounced all over) others like the GB chimed right in and gave me solid VDI numbers without jumping all around. That was what sold me on using it for general coin searches. I figured why should I pass up the really good stuff when out sniffing for coins?.

OK here is the revised test I did, this time I got allot better results..

JimG I am in Placerville CA and the soil here is mostly red clay. The spot where I did the test has about a 3 inch layer of sand on top as their used to be a above ground pool there. Its the cleanest spot in the yard as they scraped off about two and a half feet to level the spot.

JimB I hear you about not missing the good stuff and so far Ive found a good amount of gold out there but you definitely got to dig tabs and foil if you want the gold. Ive found allot of silver jewelry but so far only a couple silver coins. I think I'm just not in the right areas for that.

If some one out there could do the same sort of test with a newer version I would really appreciate it especially if they get better VDI at depth. This might be the justification for me to get a G2 or Pro.
So far VCO in disc mode alone has not been enough to push me to that newer unit. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing but I'm deaf in one ear so the saturated audio is nice. And this machine has pulled allot of good targets for me.
Thanks for looking and good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcUECoUKgpU

Great training video !!! Keep up that kind of testing, and we all will get it !

Excellent job on the video! Thanks for doing all that extra labor. For me it was interesting since I typicaly run into 65-85 soils and EMI is a problem in some areas. Maybe I'll figure out how to do the video stuff some day.