Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickles on the 505??:shrug:

vw242

Where do Nickles id on the 505?:nerd: On my 705/HF coil they id at 12-14 not 10 and very rarely 16.
On my 305/HF coil they id at 12 not 8 or 16.
Is 15 a lucky number.

Here's a link to the chart for the Id readings for the X-Terras
Felix
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1130228,1130230#msg-1130230

On my X-T 70 nickels either I.D. at 14 or 12-14 with the stock coil, but can read a hair lower with my other coils. It's strange how they can I.D. differently on the same model machines. My guess is It must have to do with the tolerances of the components going into a detector and then how each machine gets calibrated and tuned before leaving the factory...

I agree with the stock coil they normally read 12-12, but I am using the 3khz coil, and when in the ground they are all over the place I have had them as low as 6 and as high as the 30's.............but when out of the ground they read 12. Odd huh?

Mind you I cannot complain. The HF coils are "hot" on nickle.
Id numbers combined with tones and intuitive target sizing make the
X-terra a real nickle hound. My question concerns the 505. Does it
hit a nickle in the ground with alittle help from # 15, or is that just to far
up the scale? I know on the 305 and 705, #16 is generally a tab for me.