Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Night hunt

digginLa

Decided to do a night hunt at my old elementary school so I could try out the nifty back light. Hunted for around 2 1/2 hrs part of the time in the grass the rest of it in the wood chips around one of the pairs of swing sets. Ended the night with $5.12 ( 16 quarters, 10 dimes and 12 pennies).

HH everyone,

Jimmie

Thanks, that school is one of my favorite places to hunt and the very first place I saw anyone using a metal detector back in 1971. Guy found quite a bit of silver that day and I've managed to find a couple more wheaties , rosies and a 54 Washington. Hoping there still some thats just deeper and hasn't been found yet. Sad thing is they built a basketball court on top of where the water fountain and swing sets used to be and have added to the building covering up what may have been more good hunting ground but the place still has quite a bit of area to be hunted just not quite as likely to have older silver there but still the possibility of clad and maybe so gold.

Went back today to finish off the spots I didnt get to hunt last night. Started with the Cibola and 5.75 coil around the swing set legs, the plastic siding holding all the chips in and inside and around the slide, ended up with 6 quarters, 3 nickles and 11 pennies for a total of $1.76. Switched over to the 705 to finish the rest of the open area and finished the day with another 5 quarters, 2 dimes, 1 nickle, and 4 pennies for $1.74 total for today $3.30 Guess I need to wait another year and a half before I hunt the area again :)