Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nine Live Digs: XP Deus II vs Equinox 800 vs Tarsacci - GPX 5000

ldhrelics

Join me as I go out and live dig nine relics while trying to do a comparison of how the XP Deus II, Minelab Equinox 800 and Tarsacci MDT 8000 react to each target. I used the Minelab GPX 5000 to find some of the earlier targets then I use the Tarsacci to find a few more. You will be able to hear the sounds of all the detectors some with various settings.

As a disclaimer, I had not read the XP Deus manual prior to this relic hunt. If I had, I would have set the IAR (Iron Amplitude Rejection) in the Relic Program to give me more confidence that I wasn’t hearing the iron.

The intent of this video is not to try to sway you in any direction as to which detector is the “best” as that is an impossible task since everyone’s likes and needs are different. Its intent is to help me figure out how to thin out my “collection” of metal detectors by helping me narrow down the “best” ones for me.

I learned a lot myself about these detectors on this relic hunt and I hope you can learn something as well. It was truly a task carrying all the detectors and gear to this out-of-the-way site, but I had to see how they performed in a natural setting where I didn’t know in advance what any of the targets were.

I hope you enjoy the video and that you will share it with others but only if you see a possible benefit to them. Thanks for watching.

#SavingLocalHistory #MetalDetecting #TreasureHunting #GPX5000 #XPDeusII #Equinox800 #TarsacciMDT8000 #Minelab #CivilWarRelics #CivilWar #RelicHunting #CivilWarBullets

Man, I give you a lot of credit for hauling all that gear around...even if you weren't still feeling the affects of covid. That was an effort! Some interesting comparisons over live targets. I have to say the audio on the GPX was like nails on a chalk board though. ;) But thanks for putting that together.

Man, I give you a lot of credit for hauling all that gear around...even if you weren't still feeling the affects of covid. That was an effort! Some interesting comparisons over live targets. I have to say the audio on the GPX was like nails on a chalk board though. ;) But thanks for putting that together.
Yeah, that GPX does make a harsh noise, but it really finds the relics. I've found close to 250 bullets with it in the past few months and I missed a lot of time due to illness. It was an effort carrying all that gear around. Soon, I'll get back to using one machine. Thanks for watching and liking the video.

Do you use a dolly to tote the GPX 5000 ? That coil is huge. Good vid, btw.
I need a caddy. Actually the Minelab Pro Swing 45 harness, when you have it set correctly, makes it a piece of cake to swing it all day. Of course, you have to set it down a lot to dig. Thanks for watching.