Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Auto Ground Tracking on AT Pro so how often should you rebalance?

Hey everyone,

Well soon I'll soon be out with the AT Pro as the weather gets better. I see the AT does not have the Auto Track feature like most other units. So what's the deal with this? I've heard old timers say they prefer to manual ground balance. Every detector I've owned had this feature, Whites, Minelab, GTI 1500, etc. I know my Ohio soil GB numbers can change within several feet as I have seen it on the display screens in the past and I know with tracking on, one can Track out deep targets which I wouldn't want having to happen. So what are some good tips? Rebalance every 15 minutes? 1/2 hour? Never? What are the clues?

Thanks

Jim

HH

Hello Jim i i often wondered myself why that feature wasn't added on the AT-PRO but For some reason I think Garrett was thinking on the depth side or keeping the depth spot on with a manual set feature.I haven't used the manual feature yet but from what i hear its useful on the beaches and really hot ground. Now when i start too hunt i ground balanced one time and as i hunt i can actually hear the detector get sorta cranky/noisy more then normal so i will ground balance agane and it will settle it down everytime.Now i have never lost depth I've pulled relic and coins from 8-10-12 inches so the question is do i trust the ground balance features on the AT-PRO 100% with a BIG THANK YOU goes out GARRETT for A detector that is top notch!!

The machine itself will speak to you .....It gets noisy and crackly and sounds a bit noisier than when you first ground balanced ......You will notice it right away on a saltwater beach going from the dry sand to the wet sand .......Other area's the noise will creep in slower .....If you go from a field to the woods , it might be a good time to double check your ground balance or if you go from different terrain it might be a good time to check it ..... Again, when it get's cranky , it's time to ground balance ......Hope this helps ....Jim