Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No avoiding the Govt !!!!

oldranger

seems like the folks in Claif that found the gold in their
back yard may have to give it back.. it may be stolen from
the govnt.. there GOTTA be a statute of limtitations on that !!!

HH

Ron
Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

[size=large] I think they are getting what anyone would get if they wanted to be publitize the find[/size]

I hope all they wanted was the big news story because I am thinking that's all they are going to get.
There is a lesson there for all of us especially those that post their finds.

I'm sure the government had insurance on something like this and was settled long ago. They found it on thier property so I personally think its thiers and I would fight in court for it it challanged. Unfortunately the gov. has some deep pockets so it will be tied up for yrs over this.

My experience with the government is that they self - insure. Heck, it is our money anyway. Let them have it!

The government would make them spend millions in lawyer's fees. I agree with old ranger, the statute of limitations should apply. If I find a cache of coins, I'll just sell one that is the most valuable and keep quiet about the rest. One of the coins they found was supposed to be worth 1 million by itself. The government would get taxes on anything they sell, but they want it all. They only gave their first names, but I would be very careful if I find something, even on my own property. There was some talk about the previous property owner's decendants claiming their so called rightful inheritance. I thought if you sold the property, everything on it belonged to the new owners. Except where mineral rights are concerned in oil producing states and some of the other minerals the government claims to own.

The government has said that it is not theirs. I am in complete agreement on keeping it on the down low. If I ever find anything like that I would quietly go about finding out how to sell it quietly on the down low, as in private coin collectors and such, in strictly cash transactions.

Apparently the government has no record of it being stolen,
at least as of today. Tomorrrow may bring new information.
They should have just kept their mouths shut! If I found a hoard like
that you can dang well believe I wouldn't brag about it.
Robt2300

If you find something valuable keep your mouth shut. Tell just one friend and that friend tells another of his friends, ect. If they can figure a way , the government will steal it from you. Sorry lot we have for politicians now....Jack

The Problem is not the Government, The Government is the Problem

If I found what they found I would sell some of it and get the Best Law I could get and tell them Prove it.