Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Coil message

Kapok

Sometimes when switching between programs my Deus remote shows a No Coil message that lasts for 10-15 seconds or longer. Then it finally connects and runs fine. The remote is fairly new and my X35 coil is about 2 years old. Has anyone else seen this?

Kapok, I switch between programs very often and don't recall ever having that problem in the 8 or 9 years I've had a Deus. That would drive me nuts if I had to wait. Not sure what would cause that delay. Is it possible the program you switch to was set up for your HF coil (if you have one)? Say you had it set at 54 kHz for an HF coil program, and it takes your X35 coil a moment to set to its max of 28 kHz? Now that I think about it, that is probably not the reason as I do that as well and don't get that lag.

Kapok, I switch between programs very often and don't recall ever having that problem in the 8 or 9 years I've had a Deus. That would drive me nuts if I had to wait. Not sure what would cause that delay. Is it possible the program you switch to was set up for your HF coil (if you have one)? Say you had it set at 54 kHz for an HF coil program, and it takes your X35 coil a moment to set to its max of 28 kHz? Now that I think about it, that is probably not the reason as I do that as well and don't get that lag.
Thanks for the idea, but the remote is new, so I just added my custom programs recently. The two programs I most often switch between are a 7khz program and a 17khz program. I also remember getting this error on my old remote as well. I hope my x35 coil isn't going bad..