Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No coil

Hobo lobo

Just got my new Deus, charged the batts and I get a "no coil" flashing on the control read out. Do I need to do something? The coil is l\flashing very slow.

The only time I have seen "no coil" was when my battery ran down. Try charging the coil again. Be very careful with the charger leads and make sure they seat securely. Once I had a good charge everything was fine. I will hope that is your problem.

Don
HH

After the coil is charged, if you still have no coil, see page 23 of your owner

Thanx everyone, You were correct, the coil didnt charge. Having trouble getting the contacts on the clip to make contact. Has anyone had a problem with defective clips?

Yes, one of the pins broke off for me...after about 18 months of use. It was covered in the 2 year warranty.

Be very careful to NOT put any sideways force on the pins. They are spring loaded and move up and down only! I would recommend cleaning out the coil cover. If there is debris the coil cover might be too far from it's proper position in registration of the charging pins. The registration grooves are molded into the coil cover.

HH Joe

The charging clip on mine is alittle longer than the thickness of the coil, so I prop the coil up and make sure the clip goes down on the coil. Hope everything works out for you. Happy hunting.

Thanx everyone; I found the problem. The coil was not charging because the coil cover was not all the way on the coil and that made the alignment grooves off so the contacts were not making contact.

Good info Hobo, thanks for posting what you found as it will likely help others that experience charging problems.
Ran

Just out of interest.

I had a call from a new owner who was on the beach and in a panic.

Iam getting the message "No Coil" and I charged it up last night, having talked to him about the charging process and being asured by the user that he had followed the idiots guide.
The possible answer then clicked in my mind.
He had been pressing buttons as a new owner and inadvertently pressed the choice of coils (3 slots) and when I asked him to revert to coil number 1 his excited voice said that it works again.

Just a silly thing that can happen to a new owner.:cheers: Jerry.