Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Coil

My dues sat unused for the last few months, when I turned it on the coil LED was dead so I recharged the coil, remote and headphones, turned it all back on and the remote says NO COIL. I deleted the coil and re-entered the S/N but can't seem to get the coil to register. This is my 11" coil so it is in slot number 2.....any ideas?

So your coil charged all the way up?? Make sure you are using zeros for zeros and not o's for the ser# entry.

Don't know how to tell where the coil charge level is at, the readout on the remote shows full.......I am pretty solid on the o's vs zero's but will look again just to be sure

I reloaded v3.2 and put on my original 9" coil which had not been charged for much longer than my 11" but which still had a blinking light and during the update was picked right up by the controller and still no joy with the big coil. When I first got started on this whole recharge process, the led on the big coil was off even tho the 9" which had not been recharged for even longer was still flashing....strange I think....anyway, I put the 11" back on the charger and notice that even tho the led is flashing while charging its flashing at about 1/2 the rate that the 9" flashes, so I am starting to think bad coil. I hope the warranty is good still, it was one of the first ones delivered when they came out.

Anyone else have any problems with the early 11" coil release's? Where would this coil need to be sent for a checkup?

Thanks to everyone who has replied, any other info greatly appreciated.

Kerry

You need to call XP. It might be a simple fix. I think you either have a bad battery(caused by letting it stay discharged) or maybe the coil has memory and has been lost. Don't seem logical, because the batttery would eventually have to be changed. Good luck. And don't let lipro battery go dead, big no no. Read your manual, best to store at 40-70 percent charge. Good idea to put on charger for 10 min every month if idle. The led does use juice, very little, but with time will drain battery with extended nonuse.

Last ditch Hail Mary pass; How does the recharging clip look? If you have a spare, switch it out and keep your fingers crossed.

Kerry

One of the most common issues when it comes to coils and charging is to ensure the connection is actually made and the coil is in fact charging. I always tell people to hold the coil in one hand and put the charging plug on with the other - remember the tips of the plug actually protrude past the bottom of the coil so doing it on a flat surface will ensure you do not have a good connection.

When you connect the charger, you should see a SOLID WHITE light come on after 15 seconds or so . . . if you do not see that, the connection is not correct. About 1.5 to 2 hours later, the light will go to slow flash. Again, no slow flash, coil is not charged and it indicates something is amiss.

Try this and let us know if you have a fully charged coil . . . . . there are two others things to try but let's see if this takes care of the problem

Andy

One other thing with installing the clip, actually 2 more.....Be sure the clip is small side to small and large to large, sounds easy but be sure. The other thing is do not have the cable plugged into the clip when installing.....Clip on, then cable.

Jim

Double checked the charger clip, recharged for 2 hours, had solid LED when I first connected then slow LED blink when I disconnected, reset the S/N on the remote.
Using only the remote and the coil, attempted to get the two to sync up, no joy......

What next???? starting to smell like a bad coil..

Double checked the charger clip, recharged for 2 hours, had solid LED when I first connected then slow LED blink when I disconnected, reset the S/N on the remote.
Using only the remote and the coil, attempted to get the two to sync up, no joy......

Sounds like you got a good charge and teh batteries were at 100% when you disconnected the cable.

As far as the SN, I would try adding a new coil with the serial number you have rather than retyping it in the slot you have . . . . have seen that be an issue in the past. So select COIL 3 and enter the SN again watchign for the xero and letter O. You can remove the first coil later.

Once you have reloaded the SN into slot #3, see if it synch's up with the controller.

If you still do not see it, power on the headphones which will force them to load the information from the controller. Turn off both units and then turn on only the headphone. Select COIL 3 from the menu. See if that sees the coil.

The final step woudl be to reinstall V3.2 which will force the controller to look for the coil SN - this process is a littel different than simply pairing so try this piece last.

Let us know what you find

Andy

Andy, tried all of the above, no joy........something interesting during the update, when it got to the point it was looking to update the coils, the software reported it was searching for the coil and it knew the S/N of the coil it was looking for even tho it was basically stating that it couldn't find the coil. I surmise the remote keeps this information regardless of the update???...anyway, it never was able to find the second coil to update, I had to skip that coil update, then the update finished successfully but it still won't see the 11" coil.....I think I need someone to look at this coil at this point. Not sure I still have the purchase paperwork handy, would you still have a record of my purchase from you to use for any warranty effort, if its covered that is.

Thanks

Jury finally in.....turned out to be a bad coil. Not sure yet what the failure mode was, may never know for sure, but the most important thing is that XP was great and got me a new coil sent out quickly. I would like to thank Andy for spearheading this coil swap for me, he took the ball and ran with it and made it simple for me.

Great service, thanks to all who helped.

Now back to the fun stuff.........