Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"NO COINS LEFT IN FOREST PARK"???????? HA!!!!!!:surrender:

GOLDDIGGER

Well Big Mike and I headed out to FOREST PARK today to see if there was anything worth marking for the SEMINAR AND HUNT in September !!Mark-Mo joined us and so did Bryce-ILL ! I will not tell what these guys found I will leave it up to them to tell there own storys !
Here is what I got today ! First Silver I got today was a small Ring then the first Silver coin was the 1876-CC SEATED DIME ![attachment 61525 1876-ccseatedface.jpg][attachment 61526 1876-ccseatedback.jpg]Not in real good shape but it is a DOUBLE DIE OBVERSE COIN !!![attachment 61527 1876-ccdoubledie.jpg] The words UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are Doubled a LOT !
The 1874 SEATED DIME NO CC DANG IT!!!![attachment 61528 1874witharrowsface.jpg] The face of the coin is all scraped up like somebody was going to make a LOVE token out of it IT WAS NOT SCRAPPED THAT WAY BY ME !! The 1906 BARBER DIME is at least A.U. shape with a VERY weak date strike ! Everything else is very bold ! The 1914 Wheat had me all Exited when I cleaned it off I thought I saw a Mint mark and There was an "S" ![attachment 61529 1914-SWheatback2.jpg] Coin is very nice shape if it where not for the crud ! Found 4 Indians and about 6 more wheats ! Also lots of Clad Quaters where there for the Taking !
Every-One of us found SILVER today so I guess there are still some GOOD finds to be had out at the old WORLDS FAIR PARK!!!!!!Here are the pics some of them I took with my MICROSCOPE for close ups of the DOUBLE DIE and the 1914-S mint mark!!
We will be getting the LIST of who is Coming to the hunt UP real soon So if you would like to come Just hold on Mike will have something up this week to get everyone Rolling on the SIGN-UP!!!!!!!ENJOY THE PIC'S[attachment 61531 Img_0001.jpg]
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) Jim Walsh

Oh yeah GOLDIGGER......My pics and story of my little sweetie and other goodies are coming sometime this afternoon. I have 2 training appointments at the YMCA this morning otherwise I would be posting and showing NOW! Right after lunch..I'll get it posted. I can't wait!!
Congrats again on the finds and I'm glad I was along to witness what actually comes out of Forest Park....AMAZING!
I'll elaborate much more right after lunch. A quick thank you to you and Big Mike. MANY more thank yous to follow in my post after lunch. Anybody whoe doesn't come to the seminar-hunt in September DOESN'T know what they will be missing AND DIGGING!

Congrats not on only finding 2 Seated Dimes but finding 1 that is a Double Die Variety. And that Barber Dime sure is a beauty too. Don't find many in that kind of shape. Good finds from that site and just shows there is a TON more finds to be made there. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

I have hunted this park for the last 30+++ years and KNOW you will NEVER get it all!! They move the ground around all the time and bring to light areas that have not seen the light of day for over 100++ years ! Mike and I are going out in the next couple of weeks to mark as many spots as we can that have the TYPE of signals WE always dig ! These spots will be marked on a GPS system as to not bring attention to there LOCAL to other hunters that ROAM this Park on a Daily bases!
We will both listen to the signal and Put OUR thoughts to what we think it is and if it should be dug or not and WHY ! These signals will all be dug up during the Seminar stage of the hunt ! Then we will take everyone to other Locals in the park to find these same TYPE signals and see what everyone finds!
PLUS the hunt part of the weekend we plan on takeing smaller Groups to Other parks in town for OLDER spots that still Produce OLD coins all the time also! We will have more Info as we get closer to doing this thing BUT I am sure a GOOD time will be had by all!!!!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER)J.W.