Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No deeply buried, old, coin finds?

Crispy Critter

[size=large]Been doing alot of searching here on the forums but have yet to see any posts by "anyone" finding deep, old, American (No offense intended John Edmonton) coins or relics with the Infinium.

I realize that this really is not the right forum for posting finds but it does seem to be where most of the Infinium users are posting their finds. I'd like to see some stories about some old colonial coppers or even some sweet, old, silver finds. Where are the posts? Is it just that there are no old coins being found with the Infinium?[/size] :shrug:

No offence at all. The Infinium was designed as a gold seeking machine, to deal with some of the highest mineralization in certain parts of the world. It has done so, and sometimes at a quarter of the cost of other gold seeking machines. The engineers at Garrett also encased the electronics in a water proof case. So, some tried the machine in water and beaches. and discovered that if it is set up properly and used in the right places, that it is a killer on gold rings. Having said that, most of the people using an Infinium use it to search for gold nuggets on land, rings, money & other jewellery on the surf or in the water, and some have used it for relic hunting. The least number of users will use it for relic hunting, but the ones who do and dig all the targets will get exceptional deep finds.

You might want to ask on a relic forum if someone is using an Infinium. That would be more specific towards the items you are wondering about being found with such a machine.

And if you happen to see such relics or old coins being found with the Infinium, please share the article with us. I bet a lot of other Infinium users would enjoy reading about it too. :)

That's a great idea John! If I run across anything that I feel would be interesting to everyone here, I will be sure to post.

HH, Bill

I would think that there would be a lot of relic hunters using an Infinium, due to the fact that that type of hunting is almost always dig all, and in some cases, in really tough soil. If you check out the current issue of Western/Eastern Treasure and Lost Treasure magazines, the back pages are an advertisement for the Infinium with a relic hunter showing his finds.

As far as old coins ( like silver and coppers) go, a lot of sites that hold these targets are old parks, picnic groves, etc, where a dig all type strategy may not work a lot of times. Lots of trash and junk, and here is where a better discriminating VLF machine may out do the Infinium, especially if the ground is mild. A PI may not have a depth advantage over a VLF in a lot of areas, and if discrimination is needed, why use a PI ?

Like John stated, the Infinium is designed as a gold machine, and water hunter and hunters are using it as it's designed. Not to say older coins can't be found in gold bearing areas and on the beach, it's just that they are more prevalent in other areas.

I don't have an Infinium, so forgive me for chiming in, but I am seriously looking at getting one since most of my hunting is on the salt water beaches and it being water proof and the ability to tune it, along with tone ID, are great features.

JC

I'm glad that you "chimed in" JC.

I did a search on the relic forum and really didn't come up with much pertaining to the Infinium. I'm a little surprised by this because one would think that the Infinium would be a good choice for hunting Colonial sites, cellar holes, battle sites and other related places. I just ordered one to use at the heavily hunted beaches here in Florida, rivers, creeks, for relics and to hunt some old Copper culture, Indian sites that I have recently been turned on to. I've decided to get a Sovereign too so that I'll have the descriminating detector option for when I feel it is needed. I was going to go with the E-Trac but decided againt it. That decision is what is allowing me to be able to get two machines. Have I made the right choice? I guess that only time will answer that one. On the plus side.....I've owned both machines at one time or another so the learning period won't be as long. More like just a refresher course....lol! :detecting:

HH, Crispy

therover said:
Have fun with em...that's the name of the game.

Thanks JC. It took me alot of thinking and driving my poor Dealer crazy to arrive at this decision. I feel pretty good about it.

HH, Crispy