Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Finds today but still looking !

I can tell a person who uses a metal detector just by looking at them.
They are always looking down at the ground as they walk around the store or wherever they are.
Always searching for that dropped coin.

Yep,, I'm constantly looking down. Watched my wife and daughter step over a silver ring once. I was bringing up the rear and pointed it out after they passed. It's pretty amazing what's laying on top of the ground sometimes.

I have a habit of looking down as well. If the penny is heads up I’ll pick it up as good luck but pass if its tails up. Once I had to do a double take when I saw “One Cent” looking at me! It was a ‘57 wheat……

I took a three day Track Aware class for Search and Rescue. Now I can usually pick out man tracks thru grassy areas pretty easily which helps if working parks etc. Noted tracks awhile back where a detectorist was working a grid pattern the day before. The Sign Cutters (highest level trackers) can find those same tracks up to 10 later….. its VooDoo but I’ve seen them do it

I have a habit of looking down as well. If the penny is heads up I’ll pick it up as good luck but pass if its tails up. Once I had to do a double take when I saw “One Cent” looking at me! It was a ‘57 wheat……

I took a three day Track Aware class for Search and Rescue. Now I can usually pick out man tracks thru grassy areas pretty easily which helps if working parks etc. Noted tracks awhile back where a detectorist was working a grid pattern the day before. The Sign Cutters (highest level trackers) can find those same tracks up to 10 later….. its VooDoo but I’ve seen them do it
Interesting.
10 ??? Later

Sorry, 10 days. They are able to age by looking at “bruising” on grass blades, “sun washout” on dirt, and other environmental factors such as rain, frost, etc. I can gauge maybe a day later but thats stretching my training. It’s voodoo I’m telling you.

Reactions: BW
Ill be out today and tomorrow close to 50 here in Ct going to the old spot on the river with the 900!
Mark

I can tell a person who uses a metal detector just by looking at them.
They are always looking down at the ground as they walk around the store or wherever they are.
Always searching for that dropped coin.
Elmy, you are 100% correct. There is nothing better than finding a valuable laying on the ground. I take my wife to a big mall and weather permitting, walk the parking lot looking for drops. Metal detecting makes for a "trained eye". It is still more fun to dig for treasure. Have a great new year.

Elmy, you are 100% correct. There is nothing better than finding a valuable laying on the ground. I take my wife to a big mall and weather permitting, walk the parking lot looking for drops. Metal detecting makes for a "trained eye". It is still more fun to dig for treasure. Have a great new year.
I have had a bad last year with covid , in two different hospitals battling covid and two types of lung cancer. Did not hunt very much. Now a third mass in soft tissues in my back. Radiation and chemo all thru winter, spring and summer and most of the fall. The forum was a go to where I could see finds from all kinds of detectors.
I have probably posted too many how to's on the etrac forum. I just wanted to see more etrac finds and give the new etrac users a better chance to find treasures the easy way.
I have given a lot of info and hopefully some may find it useful.
A few people have found outstanding finds and have kept me informed as to how they were doing and we emailed a few thoughts on how to improve detecting skills using
certain brands of detectors......that is about as close to detecting as I got in 2022...
Sorry ...got a little long winded.... but thanks for your comments...

E L M Y

GA1dad wrote: "It's pretty amazing what's laying on top of the ground sometimes."

That's true. Two examples "on the top of the ground" . . .

(1) A couple of years ago, in a grassy area, I got a signal with the detector. I started digging a plug and poking it with my pinpointer. Found a zinc penny in the hole. Filled the hole. Then when I was picking up the pinpointer I pressed its button and got a beep right where it had been laying. Right under it, in the grass was a Buffalo nickel. No scanning, no digging. Just reach over and pick it up. I always wondered how a coin that old was found on the surface.

(2) Another time, my wife and I went to the local supermarket. While walking across the parking lot, she looked down and saw a $100 bill lying on ground. She took it to the store manager and asked him if anyone had reported losing some money out in the parking lot. He said, No ... so it was hers to keep.

I wonder what might have happened if he called out an announcement on the store's speaker system -- "Did anyone lose a $100 bill in the parking lot?"

Cheers,

Joe