Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Gold Mode

Hotrod65

So the 600 is lacking the "Gold" mode but still utilizes the higher 20 & 40Khz when in the multi park or field mode. Has anyone done a comparison between the Gold mode on the 800 and the Park or field mode on the 600 to see if the dedicated Gold mode is truly more effective at finding small gold targets? I have not found any comparison videos or posts on a test like this.

Hotrod65 said:
So the 600 is lacking the "Gold" mode but still utilizes the higher 20 & 40Khz when in the multi park or field mode. Has anyone done a comparison between the Gold mode on the 800 and the Park or field mode on the 600 to see if the dedicated Gold mode is truly more effective at finding small gold targets? I have not found any comparison videos or posts on a test like this.

Yes, it is ABSOLUTELY more effective on tiny low conductors.

For the record, I don't believe the EQX multi freq truly utilizes all those frequencies. Minelab has never stated this as fact. There is a picture of target types and frequency responses with a bracket around them saying "multi IQ". What everyone skips is that below that pic it says the pict is a representation and not actual.

Just like Minelab says the FBS is "28 frequencies" but has been proven to be 2 frequencies and the rest are harmonics of far less power.

Jason.... page 129 under the multi freq range......" the multi frequency range shown about applies to both the EQUINOX 600 and 800". By looking at the picture of the mentioned range ..... it covers all of them including 40 khz. Was there something i missed or didnt understand? ML seem to the gold range is in both machines multi freqs.

The way I understand it the biggest difference between the Gold Mode and say Field 2, is the threshold based audio. Whereas the threshold in the park and field modes is a reference threshold, the Gold Modes employ a true threshold which when set properly allows the faint rise in audio which may be the only clue to tiny nuggets under the coil. A noisy unstable threshold also tells you when you are severe ground and that you may need to adjust sensitivity or re-ground balance if not running tracking.

Tom

In my opinion the metal detector that I own is awesome! However, it simply does not have the ability to scan multiple frequencies that includes the 40 freq./kHz.

The Equinox 800 with the ability that it has to scan the higher freq./kHz is undoubtedly in a class of its' own! My expensive V3i is daunting, I will learn it.

Also, I will wait for the availibility of the Equinox 800, and in the interim the possible issues that I have been reading about the shaft will most likely be addressed.

Hopefully, those who already fortunately have an Equinox 800 I am concerned they will find all the treasure before I am able to get one! lol

dewcon4414 said:
Jason.... page 129 under the multi freq range......" the multi frequency range shown about applies to both the EQUINOX 600 and 800". By looking at the picture of the mentioned range ..... it covers all of them including 40 khz. Was there something i missed or didnt understand? ML seem to the gold range is in both machines multi freqs.

yes, thats a picture. It says the multi freq is the same for both detectors. it doesnt say they use all the frequencies in the pictures. I dont believe the marketing, only the truth.

I was under the impression the 600 and 800 both used the same multi frequency technology utilizing all 5 frequencies when using the pre-programmed modes? Along with some other manual adjustments the 800 added the option of a Gold mode and single frequency 20 & 40 KHz.....Is there information that says this is incorrect? I was asking if anyone compared the Gold mode on the 800 to the Park or Field mode on the 600 to see if small gold targets were equally detectable or was the Gold mode on the 800 superior?

Hotrod65 said:
I was under the impression the 600 and 800 both used the same multi frequency technology utilizing all 5 frequencies when using the pre-programmed modes? Along with some other manual adjustments the 800 added the option of a Gold mode and single frequency 20 & 40 KHz.....Is there information that says this is incorrect? I was asking if anyone compared the Gold mode on the 800 to the Park or Field mode on the 600 to see if small gold targets were equally detectable or was the Gold mode on the 800 superior?

Yes, as I said earlier, the gold mode is much hotter than park or field modes.

jason..... i kind of agree... those gold freqs wouldnt work to well in salt water i wouldnt think in any combo.

I cant remember exactly where I read it , but Minelab has officially put the question to rest by stating the Multi mode on both the 600 and the 800 are exactly the same , running the full range of frequencies. The real difference between the two models is that with the 800 you can select the highest frequencies to use in single freq. mode , which is not available on the 600. But realistically , those higher frequencies are better used singly for gold prospecting , so not a big deal either way if you do not hunt for gold nuggets. Ive read reports that the multi frequency mode itself is no slouch in finding small nuggets and being the same on both models that means the 600 could be used for prospecting too , just without the option of selecting those higher frequencies in single mode which is a disadvantage in some situations.

I wouldn’t be able to justify paying the additional price for the 800 unless I was it an area where there were gold nuggets ........ The higher frequencies are necessary for nuggets and micro jewelry ..... I hunt by the ocean and if I miss small gold chains or tiny earrings it’s of no consequence to me ..... that being said I should still be able to hit those small chains and micro jewelry in multi mode with the 600 ..... you can hit children’s gold rings with the lower frequencies just fine..... from the way I read it the 600 and the 800 both on the same way in multi ......Jim

It sounds to me there is more than just the frequencies they specifically mention (that are utilized simultaneously) They indicate available single frequencies plus more....

https://www.minelab.com/usa/knowledge-base/key-technologies#321583

5F×8​ (Five Frequency Times Eight) provides five individual transmit frequencies in the one metal detector, selectable at the push of a button. Each transmit frequency optimizes the detector for different size targets and conditions. EQUINOX 800 offers 5 single frequencies of 5, 10,15, 20, and 40 kHz, giving an 8 times range or ratio from 5 to 40, hence the 5F×8 technology designation.

The individual selectable frequencies in EQUINOX 800 are:
•5 kHz - Great for large silver coins
•10 kHz - Good for small Roman hammered coins
•15 kHz - A good general treasure detecting mode
•20 kHz - Ideal for general treasure detecting and gold prospecting
•40 kHz - Optimum sensitivity to very small gold nuggets

Having five selectable frequencies gives the versatility that is equivalent to five conventional single frequency detectors.

Note that EQUINOX Series detectors also feature Multi-IQ technology which allows you to operate all available single frequencies plus more, simultaneously. The option to operate your detector in a single frequency can be helpful if you are experiencing excessive ground noise when using the Multi-Frequency setting.

3F×3​ (Three Frequency Times Three) provides three individual transmit frequencies in the one metal detector, selectable at the push of a button. Each transmit frequency optimizes the detector for different size targets and conditions. EQUINOX 600 offers 3 single frequencies of 5, 10, and 15 kHz, giving a 3 times range or ratio from 5 to 15, hence the 3F×3 technology designation.

The individual selectable frequencies in EQUINOX 600 are:
•5 kHz - Great for large silver coins
•10 kHz - Good for small Roman hammered coins
•15 kHz - A good general treasure detecting mode

Having three selectable frequencies gives the versatility that is equivalent to three conventional single frequency detectors.

Note that EQUINOX Series detectors also feature Multi-IQ technology which allows you to operate all available single frequencies plus more, simultaneously. The option to operate your detector in a single frequency can be helpful if you are experiencing excessive ground noise when using the Multi-Frequency setting.