Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No ground balance and no depth!

HEBEGB

Well, I have only had the AT Pro for about three weeks now, and have not had a chance to hunt it yet. I was planning to do just that during spring-break next week, but all of that went to he@! today. I wanted to play around with it a bit on some gold when I got home today, so I took her out in the yard to gb and lo-&-behold, it wouldn't auto ground balance. Stuck on the factory default of 80. Manually ran it down to 30 & tried again; "Nada", no sound from bobbing the coil & no movement on the display. So, I thought "what the heck", I'll still check the TID on the rings that I have. It wouldn't pick anything up over 4" (and I am being generous). I tried a couple of rings, a penny , a quarter, and realized that it just had no depth. I guess that I will be calling Garrett tomorrow. Ya know, it would be nice to be able to pick up a tool and use IT without having to "fix" IT first, before using IT!

Hey Friend. Had the same problem plus more with mine when I first gor it, sent back and they exchanged, same problem. Sent new coil and it did fine, I'm sending it in for the falsing and it should be perfect. Garrett will fix it, that's the good thing. Take care and good luck! Earl Johnson.

Fix Or Repair Daily. Honestly, that's not my feeling about Ford vehicles, and I'm a bit saddened to see the new AT Pro didn't get ample R&D to work all the bugs out before it was released.

By now they should be getting all the glitches worked out so send it in to Garrett for service. Include a note that completely and accurately describes EVERY problem you are having with it.

Ask them to be quick, but thorough, and to return it as a US version and not for Foreigners.

Monte

You won't be able to ground balance it in neutral soil. It does the exact thing in my soil too, and remains at 80. If you manually put it to 30 & left it there, that might account for your poor depth.

Hey John, the ground balance will not move in auto, no matter where I set it manually. I manually put in an entire range and tried to auto balance and nada. It won't even make a sound while bobbing the coil and manually ground balancing. I also tested the depth at multiple manual gb's and they were all the same. I think that something is wrong.

First go to Std/Pro mode zero, no disc. Find clean ground........ground balance. If you try to ground balance
over target, all bets are off.

I would start by going back to the original factory settings. That requires a reset of the microprocessor. To accomplish this, all you have to do is hold the ON button down for 7 seconds. You will hear 2 beeps that tell you the computer is reset. If it still is acting up, call Garrett and make arrangements for its return. Better hurry as Spring is close.