Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No lag wireless headset

Ism

I did a search and didn't find any other posts about the Rapoo headset.

I just picked up a Rapoo H3070 2.4GHz rechargeable wireless headset.
The kit comes with a small transmitter, headset, and cables. You can control the volume and the headset is great for summer wear.
I took them for a trial run today, this headset has absolutely no lag!
The headset does not cover the ear so outside noise does factor into use.
There are different Rapoo styles like back phone, ear bud, larger earmuff and headband, but this unit is on sale at JR.com for $20 plus $3 shipping.
The audio reproduction on my Vaquero was less than perfect (a little muffled) but acceptable for general purpose detecting.

Bill, I just looked, they're gone! I could show my receipt but I'm not home yet.
I must have just gotten under the wire. They don't even show them on their site.
It was a very good deal but I didn't wan't to post it till I checked them out myself.
Sorry all. However the Rapoo's 2.4Ghz are the real deal. You might find them on sale somewhere else.
Just make sure they have the transmitter (dongle) with the 1/8" audio jack and that they ARE NOT bluetooth.

I think it was either a price error or more likely bought out by an auction site reseller.
The same ones go for over $40 on ebay. Wish I bought another pair but I didn't know if they would work. Too bad, was a good deal!

Keep an eye out for these on sale, they are worth every penny. If you haven't gone wireless, you don't know what you are missing.

Orderda set last Friday should be here on the 20th going to use them on my Vaquero as well I noticed you said muffled the sound not sure that is a bad thing will see Thanks for the post on them . Also Had to pay over 40 dollars for them Got them on Amazon there are several dealers so check for the cheapest price problem is a lot of them are out of these also

Do the Amzon $50 card deal and you get them for 82 cents. Cancel the card afterwards.
They work terrific on an etrac , marginally on a MXT but terrible on a Fisher--emi guess.

Generally the lag is minimal on all of thse. I have tested several different ones and all have a miniscual amount of lag...almost not noticeable. There is an easy way to see how noticeable it is.

The TDK's use KLEER technology but honestly I cannot see any difference between the TDK's the Ovans etc for lag.

So any of the 2.4 GHZ that are NOT using Bluetooth seem to perform very close...and Bluetooth using APTX technology is also very close to these 2.4GHZ.....just stay away from BLuetooth that is not APTX and both transmitter and headphones must be APTX.
Or...just use the Ovans or Rapoo's...they are basiaclly the same as far as performance. I use mine on fast machines and they work well. On an Explorer they are great since it is not a fast recovery machine.

Average price shipped for these run $40.00....you should not have to pay more than that.
http://www.discoverybuying.com/Ovann-OA-G600-2.4GHz-Wireless-Foldable-Stereo-Headset-Black-45803.html

Rapoo's

I hate the TDK's. Three reasons...

1. They are top (headband) heavy. They fall forward if you are digging with any effort involved.
2. They cut out after 3 minutes to conserve batteries if there is not enough input signal. I.e. You must use a threshold based machine (background tone) and if you use an inline volume control, even with threshold tone they will shut off if it is set too low.
3. The transmitter is 5-6 times the size and weight of the Rapoo transmitter and you must attach the Velcro (if you mount that way) to the battery cover because the power switch is on the other side.
Just bumping the transmitter causes the battery cover to detach and the transmitter falls off to hang by the wires.

Hey man....to each his own....I was just pointing out what is out there. I have spent hundreds of dollars on wireless headphones over the past 12 years or so so I have tons of experience using many styles.

The Rapoos have a small head band if you want to point out issues so for a huge melon like mine they are not good. The TDK's work great as do the Ovanns...although i thin the Ovanns are a Chinese knockoff of TDK's.

So if you have a large or an xtra large noggin the Rapoos fall short and the TDK or Ovanns work best. But..I can see how for regular size head how the TDK's will slip when digging. They do not do that for me and fit perfect...never slip...but again I have a larger mellon than the average guy

Anyway my point was there are several options that work well depending on what each individual prefers and again Bluetooth using APTX is a great alternative as you have many options in the styles ofheadets..headphones..earbuds etc.

One drawback on Bluetooth though is short battery life..less than 4 hours for most practicial purposes....so if you hutn all day buy 2 sets. i use these with behind the head styles for heavy woods hunting so they don't get kncoked off by branches. But again the less than 4 hour battery life has to be accounted fpor.

There are no perfect wireless headphones out actually. Tried most available inlcuding the RS versions. All have some small thing that will annoy a particular individual.

Also one thing that has not been mentioned with the Rapoos, Ovans, RS and TDK is there frequency response range. For some detectors there is a shortcoming in the high frequency response. Not noticeable on all detectors but on a few there is a fluky audio resonse in a very narrow range on the high end. I doubt many would notice it but it is there....for me it is on a specific tone on my Russian detectors and I had to change the frequency rang of that VDI range...fortunately I could do that on that machine. But all these brands did it which was how I ended up trying multiple brands..trying to find a set that did not do it.

Anyway....they all work fine...not perfect all the time but certainly better than being strapped to a cord all day

This is what I did with my auvio wireless. 33-284 with kleer technology. I can use any set of headphones I wish.