Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

no loonies or quarters

What program are you running? Are you running a stock or custom program? Is it possible you have discriminated out what you are trying to see? A little more info would be helpful

I was testing my V3i one day and noticed that a Canadian quarter I had In my pocket came up as iron! You'll have to lower your iron discrimination to pick these up. It seems that most of the stock programs will null out over that. I was surprised. I figured Canadian coins were of similar composition to US coins. This could make finding those much more challenging. I'd open up the iron range and accept the VDI range several numbers above and below this area. It may also be helpful to assign this area a different tone, so that it will stand out when detecting around other iron targets. I'd try it out, but I no longer have this coin. It's unusual for many Canadian coins to show up in NC. I've found a few pennies, but never a quarter. If It was there, I would have walked right over it thinking it was a trash target. At least with the V3I you can assign tones to different areas. This could help a lot. Not many machines out there with this kind of customization!

I'd open up the iron range and accept the VDI range several numbers above and below this area. It may also be helpful to assign this area a different tone, so that it will stand out when detecting around other iron targets.

Excellent advice

H i DExterdraco I don!t have a v3i but with my dfx I have to accept from -16 to+ 94 to get Canadian clad. Also helps to run dc phase = on to tell the difference between clad an bottle caps. Hard to tell between all ferrous items an clad though. Dig everything for awhile to get an idea. Hope this helps some. Martin

Here is a doc showing canadian coins.
The new ones are steel so you must accept iron.
I do it down to -70 to get modern dimes.
They come in all over the place ...they look like junk

I forgot to mention that the newer $1 and $2 coins (2012) are also coated steel so they are coming in as iron also.
In the spring of 2012, the composition switched to multi-ply brass-plated steel.
They also tend to be all over the map depending how long they have been in the ground and whether or not they are on egde.