Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No old coins but did find silver :-)

I hit an old sports field that unfortunately had been covered with fill so I hit the woods where people had camped in the late 1800s. It has been a while since I found a coin there but luckily I was and was reminded of the old dump while walking the creek. I found the spoon on the bank next to an old piece of tin fashioned into a plate.

Nice hunt! Silver is silver even if it is bent out of shape. I enjoy finding old silverware. Its a great item that gives fantastic clues to the time period and also gives great hope to other non-ferrous items. I bet my E800 there is more non-ferrous just waiting to be found :smoke:

Thanks again Earthlypotluck. It is always cool when you find them in out of the way locations like the middle of the woods. They didn't have disposable plastic silverware like we do now :)

More good finds for you, Foreverteachable! It looks like there is some engraving on your silver spoon. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Blind squirrel, there are initials.

Thanks Blind squirrel, there are initials on it.

I didn't know they made bottle neck rim fires back then, cool.

Good eye there Nagant! I had an ID that yet but I knew it was something different I never found anything like it thanks for pointing it out. I also want to add that it actually had a punch on either side of it instead of one like you see on a 22 cartridge