Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Rings, No Silver, but got to hunt!

jackinaustin

My brother and I got out for a few hours of MDing yesterday and at least I was able to pay for the new batteries I need to keep running. 15 Quarters, 24 Dimes, 1 Nickel, 22 Pennies one a wheat. One local token and a baseball pin back. $6.42. GTA 350 and still going after more than 10 years. I have paid for this detector many times over and it never quits. Just bought fiance ACE 250 online and have to find more to pay for it. And MORE batteries!

You better find some more to pay for the other 250 you're going to want. :) You ought to get one of those compact chargers like I got. The batteries last four times longer than alkalines before needing charged. The whole thing with four batteries was onl $9.99.
Nice collection of loot.

Bill

Thanks for the info. I will definetly look into that. I will most probably be getting another 250. In the meantime I MIGHT be able to check out hers. HH

If you don't mind, could you give me some more info on the charger, where you bought it, etc.? Would very much appreciate it. Jack

Good enough, Jack. as JOHN SAYS, IT'S BETTER THAN tv. But, can I add a little philosophy here? you can even call it apologtic, if you want - I used to myself, until I saw the light.:smoke:

It aint always silver and jewels. Hope springs eternal, and those are the things that we measure success against, most of the time. But, the fact is, for most of us, those are not what we most often find. If that was the only thing we had to judge our success by, then most of us would be considered abject failures (You can't go by John's results, as he's the only detectorist in the entire history of the province of Alberta:detecting:).

I did a little number crunching once, some years ago, and found that I made more on the clad I found than I did on the silver coins, with the exception of one. But, unless you find a truly rare, excellent condition coin, both of which are required for any real worth...well, let's just say it aint good odds. It's better than face value clad, or course, and they aint making them anymore. But, I have a box full of silver coins, which I take out and look at now and then. But, that is about all I get from them and I couldnt retire on them, even at retail prices (provided I could get such prices, which is doubtful...)!

The really solid jewelry, is another story, as they still make it and it probably exists in greater numbers, nowadays, than silver, which has been cherry picked to death. But, lets have a a show of hands:

Who here has far more pulltabs, foil balls, screwcaps nickles and Vienna Sausage pull tops, when compared to really solid rings, worth scads of money?

You water hunters, put your hands down - this is for the dirt fishers! Honest answers only, please.

There are goodies to be found, for sure, including silver and rings. And the chance find of a lifetime does happen - to all of us. So, it behooves you to get out there and believe as Mel Fisher says,"Todays the Day..." Alas, for every day that is "The Day," most of our efforts result in such things as you have shown in your post.

One should never give up hope and with good research you can up your odds. But, the odds are also what keeps Las Vegas and lotteries in business. Your enjoyment of this pastime shouldn't be measured solely against such things as silver and gold alone. In truth, those things are fleeting as is our enjoyment of them.

There is far more good in this pastime than that alone....okay, I said my piece. I hope I didnt offend anyone.:surrender::beers::wave:

The name of it is Uniross and it's small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. It holds four batteries. I got mine at Bi-Mart but don't think you have any in your area. Any big discount store that sells elecronics should have them.

Bill