Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Silver, but Some Cool Finds

I was finally able to get back out yesterday to do a little detecting. I went to an older school site, which has been hunted hard. The Sheriff drove by a couple of times, and then actually pulled over and watched me for quite some time. However, he never got out of the vehicle. Anyway, I was able to make a couple of cool finds, including a 5 cent cigar token, and a very ornate lock. Also found five older Wheat Cents, and some clad. I was using my Anfibio with the stock 11" coil. Settings: 5 tone, gain of 80-85, isat 0, frequency 14 khz. I must be learning the sounds of my Anfibio a little better, as I did not dig very much trash. Unfortunately, this was likely my last outing for the year.

Attachments

• vc1.jpg
    vc1.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 155
  • vc2.jpg
    vc2.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 138
  • vc3.jpg
    vc3.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 151
  • vc4.jpg
    vc4.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 149
Nice finds!! Dont worry about the deputies..... often times dispatch gets a citizen call in worried about historical damage or that it looked suspicious, etc etc. Deputy dispatched and when arrived just sat and watches to get a feel for what you’re doing. Since no contact made I would assume he felt you werent trying to bury anybody or the spoils of a crime. And, (big tip off to me) since the caller probably did not want contact the only thing they could do was respond, observe, decide no crime, and leave. Call closed.

Super cool looking padlock that seems in great condition. I don't think I've ever seen a cigar token before. Nice !

Nice hunt, sir!! The lock and token are good finds. I also like those bale seals! Got run out of an old park one time by
a neighborhood assoc. Even though I didn't think they had a leg to stand on (public park) I left, but I told the two ladies
that I was the least of their problem. Look at what the geese are doing to your park. I mean these geese had a 200' wide strip
around two ponds stripped bare with tree roots showing everywhere! Just loaded up and went to another park. SMH
HH okie