Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No threshold him on F5

ohiogal

I have no threshold hum on the F5 but seems to work ok otherwise. When I turn the threshold into positive range it chatters until I lower my gain some then it stabalizes but still no hum. I run in d4 mode. Is this normal?

I've been running my F5 for 6 years now, it's my only detector and I've logged thousands of hours on it and there is no HUM on my machine ever.
For maximum depth I run my threshold at positive 3 and turn the gain up as high as possible before it starts chattering usually about 85 in most areas depending on the over head wires.

Ditto........

The F5 is a silent search detector, it DOESN'T have a running threshold tone.
Running the threshold up into the positive numbers doesn't mean its a Tone.
It means that the audio amp is TRIGGERED (ON) so the threshold you hear is detector electron circuits, (detector noisy)
Many well seasoned detectorist will run their detector into the noisy but its not for the faint at heart Lol!
Below a positive threshold its takes a response from the detection circuit to trigger the audio amp (send an audible report to the operator) running into a positive threshold is LIKE
switching the audio amp ON manually, so it just detector electronic chatter.

The F5 is a silent search detector, it DOESN'T have a running threshold tone.
Running the threshold up into the positive numbers doesn't mean its a Tone.
It means that the audio amp is TRIGGERED (ON) so the threshold you hear is detector electron circuits, (detector noisy)
Many well seasoned detectorist will run their detector into the noisy but its not for the faint at heart Lol!
Below a positive threshold its takes a response from the detection circuit to trigger the audio amp (send an audible report to the operator) running into a positive threshold is LIKE
switching the audio amp ON manually, so it just detector electronic chatter.

According to Mike Hillis in the F5 bible he states there are 3 versions.
The first had the most circuit noise, the second was improved and had less and the third, which I believe I just got and what ohiogal has, the least.
Not a big issue for me, I can deal with all kinds of noise and I am known to push the F70 into such higher areas in both disc and all metal and still be able to find the goods that most think I am insane.
Still, nice to be able to hunt in a quieter environment and still find the treasure if I want to use it that way.
I will play around and try both ways, eventually I will find what works best for me.