Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No time like the present…..

Scooter23

I took my wife to dinner last night. Had a great meal and left all fat and happy. Driving home we drove past a section of sidewalk that was torn up in an old setion of town. I commented that I wondered how weird it makes me to be excited when I notice a fresh section of sidewalk tore up. Didn’t have the detector with me at the time. Woke up thinking about that spot. Grabbed my detector and headed out, but decided to stop for breakfast on my way. Got all fat and happy again at the local greasy spoon. Drive back over to where that walkway was tore up, and I’ll be a sumbitch if they hadn’t already poured a new walkway already. At 10a on a Saturday! Lesson learned. Eat less, and hit hot spots right away.

I took my wife to dinner last night. Had a great meal and left all fat and happy. Driving home we drove past a section of sidewalk that was torn up in an old setion of town. I commented that I wondered how weird it makes me to be excited when I notice a fresh section of sidewalk tore up. Didn’t have the detector with me at the time. Woke up thinking about that spot. Grabbed my detector and headed out, but decided to stop for breakfast on my way. Got all fat and happy again at the local greasy spoon. Drive back over to where that walkway was tore up, and I’ll be a sumbitch if they hadn’t already poured a new walkway already. At 10a on a Saturday! Lesson learned. Eat less, and hit hot spots right away.

Well chalk one up for they who tore it up, got it fixed quickly--usually doesn't happen that fast & becomes a delayed danger for walking a sidewalk with a missing slab! Maybe they rec overtime pay for working SAT--In St. Louis, MO -- South County the streets were under construction & tore up all around & slow in getting new ones to travel on most of the Summers! Ma

Last weekend I noticed an 30-40s era house all fenced off and a construction company sign posted. Thought to myself I will check Monday morning and see whats what. By late morning the house was leveled, the lawn was dozed up and nearly nothing left. I hate big excavators……

I had a similar experience a few years ago at a construction site that had yielded quite a few civil war bullets.
There was a little strip that was left i disturbed until the grading started for the parking lot after a building had been built.
I noticed on a Thursday that they had cleared some of the growth from the strip and I searched it that evening and found 4 bullets. The next day (Friday), I noticed more of it had been cleared after they had quit for the day, but could not get back there that day.
I called my buddy and told him about it and said we need to get into there on Sunday and he agreed. When we arrived early Sunday morning, I was disappointed to see that they must have worked on Saturday and removed dirt from the area down to about 15”leaving only a little tiny strip about 2 feet wide undisturbed.
We tried there anyhow and I managed to find a couple more bullets…. Hard to tell how many bullets they took out with that soil they removed.

The old saying, "he who snoozes looses," has bitten us all a time or two. You aren't alone. HH jim tn
In a city like Atlanta, always tearing down old stuff and building new things you find a good spot, you better hit hard. One old lot I discovered, I found a few wheats and 1964 quarter. Meant to go back the next day, but life got in the way. two weeks later 8' high chain linked fence around the whole lot with a pad locked gate. Shortly there after building a 5 story building on the complete lot right up to the side walk.