Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noice Cancelling

rwsnc

Lately, I've been forgetting to Noise Cancel. As a matter of fact, I've gotten so lazy that I just leave my detector in Tracking mode and let it ground balance itself, keeping in mind that I may need to take it out of that mode when I'm pinpointing.

Anyway, how critical is Noise Cancelling? What difference might I experience or notice, if I don't NC?

The only time I worry about noise cancelling is:

When I get "cross-talk" from another metal detector.

False signals or irratic chirping caused by electrical intereference

Near power lines or underground electrical service.

Other than that, you should be fine 99.9% of the time. If I understand it correctly, basically what you are doing is adjusting the frequency to eliminate outside electrical interference caused by some of the sources I just mentioned. It does it automatically instead of manually (like some other detectors). Just my observation. Good luck!

You know I noise cancel each time I start a hunt. I am not sure why other than it is a habit. I have never used track mode. I do GB at the start of the hunt. I may try the track method, Beale.