Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noise Cancel Feature?

A

Anonymous

How many of you actually when starting out on each site? Do you redo it as you change sites? Does it really do anything? Quiet your machine down?

I do it most times, unless I was hunting the same site the time before, definately helps on interference..not sure about performance

HI Jim & Jim
I use it always on channel 1. I read apost some where givng the differint transmit voltages for each channel and channel 1 was pumping the most juice to the coil . I have not checked this out with a scope and realy do not have time or plan to because it has worked well for me....Maybe Gus or some one that works on these like going in for a oil change would care to elaborate ...but if you remeber that the pulse trains are pretty much written in stone ..the amplitude would be the easier thing to change ....which would cause one to wonder if there might be a [VOLTAGE}sweet spot for each coil havng small variatons in inductance and resistivity...HMN somthin to ponder..
HappY TERRATRAILS
Jim Pugh

...this LINK was a reponse to one of Jim Y's posts back in June.
<FONT COLOR="FF0000">It was only an observation</FONT>, but I think an interesting one.
BTW, this also comes with the original post and all the responses.

Did Carl from minelab ever post anything in responce?That is quit a difference.Did Jim or anyone else ever change it in the field and see how big a difference it made?I'm going to make a point to try it next time.I have noticed that mine always shows 5.No matter where I am it seems to always be on 5.Maybe thats is the best channel.I will see the next time I go out,if it ever quits raining here that is.

Have you pressed the noise cancel button?
I believe 5 is the factory preset setting.

But until I saw your post I just figured it didn't get as much interference due to some kind of condition here in St. Louis area. I never even thought about it. Only set it on 1 if noise cancel doesn't seem to be doing it.
Good hunting... Guvner..

Seeing is believing(and it has more impact) but I doubt back then that anyone took the time to try and repeat this test. So as you can guess it kinda fizzled out rather quickly. I will say that it was a great surprise to see these results and I would still like to see others try this test at home and post their results.
I should add that technically there should be no difference in physical depth other that what excess noise my cause by distracting the user. But as you can see these results did show depth gains with no electrical interference noticeable.
Something for future evaluation I guess. BTW, The most common recommendation given to me in the field is to hit auto noise cancel every time you have moved into noticeably different ground conditions-I'm thinking maybe after moving about 150 to 200 yards.
A lot of times though, I just feel better running on CH-11
GL/HH

Steve,
I start the machine and do noise cancel
at every site I go to.I place the coil on the
ground and hold it as still as possible until
the unit tones 11 times and then I continue.Is
this the standard way to do this?I try to make
sure that there isn't anything under the coil
befor I start though.How do you feel about this
Big Mike?Do you have a routine or a favorite
channel?
Happy Hunting and God Bless,
Tex D.

To add to Tex's question do you think it would be a good idea to hold the detector toward the horizon like you do when you pinpoint? That way you would be sure that nothing is beneath the coil. I beleive the noise cancel is to eliminate interference from electrical sources in the area.

You want to do noise cancel with the coil in the position that you will be detecting. Hunting the ground, coil should be horizontal. If hunting walls in a house or cave, coil should be vertical.

ive noticed that when i was detecting at a club hunt along with 72 other detectors on the beach i was getting alot of interference. i pressed the noise cancel and couldnt pick up anyones detector. i feel thats what its for is to give you the best possible conditions to elimitate any outside interfernce. just my view.
stan pa. sjmdc

difference to my area. I have tested a few targets with it. every time I cancel, it selects Channel 7. When I rech a good deep 'high-hitter', I have tried on several occasions to move it up/down the full range, and then playing with the signal again. every time, I have noticed that the signal is BEST at the channel the machine selected..and gets worse, to the point of being non-existant, the further I get away from the channel it selected.
Just my Experience.
Steve(KY)