Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

noise or chatter??

kgramlich

Is it normal for at pro to make a lot of noise as u swing?? I own a x Terra 705 and it doesn't seem to chatter that much when I use it at the same places!! I bought this pro used and I think it might be older model is there any way to tell?? I might send it in after the summer is over to have it checked out..thanks for any help!!

Typically they run very quiet. At least mine does, anyway. Some of the early models did have a coil problem! Also, make sure the coil connection is seated good and tightened snuggly. And, do a factory reset. Good luck. HH jim tn

Yeah, try that plug first...sometimes that little oring makes you think you have everything snug when you dont...so wiggle, push and tighten, wiggle, push and tighten, until theres no more wiggle, or push or tighten....its good to check every so often that knurled nut is tight, it will sometimes back off with use..:thumbup:...

Go into Pro zero mode and drop sens a few clicks and check how it performs...try to rule out everything else and narrow it down to the coil...then, if it is the coil, theres plenty out there for sale I would imagine if you posted a WTB ad on the forum..probably get your hands on one far cheaper than sending your entire rig in for what would be a factory trouble shoot and new coil anyway....a lot of guys have settled in on a particular size coil and surely have the original sitting around they would part with...:thumbup:.
Mud

You might try to raise the iron discrimination some. Be certain to ground balance over clean ground. Might even try to manual balance.

kgramlich said:
Is it normal for at pro to make a lot of noise as u swing?? I own a x Terra 705 and it doesn't seem to chatter that much when I use it at the same places!! I bought this pro used and I think it might be older model is there any way to tell?? I might send it in after the summer is over to have it checked out..thanks for any help!!
I'm sure you know this but make sure the coax cable it secured to the rod next to the coil.
Mine was secured with velcro which fell off one hunt. Until I noticed this mine was a little noisier than normal.

Try turning down the sensitivity. Turning it down does not equate to less depth in areas with high mineralization or EMI. You might also try switching frequencies to see if that helps.

These machines are very sensitive and wil, pick up the smallest of targets.
Like little bits of tinfoil . Maybe try hunting in a less trashy area or turning down sen or maybe experiment with a -threshold