Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

noise when I slang my kruzer back and forth

jimmy clark

my kruzer squicks like a old barn door.sounds like its coming from around and under the control box.anybody else had this problem,an have you've been able to fix it?everything is tight as I can get it.

Tesoros will do the same thing.
My guess, the middle shaft tubing is a bit smaller in diameter than it should be, so there is just a tad of slop. Might not be noticeable until the lower shaft is extended out too far, then the spring clip is able to move a tiny bit. Causing the creaking sound, which the hollow metal tubes amplify. Just for the sake of it. If you remove the spring clip. Does the creaking stop? I now longer have a Kruzer, therefore can not check it.

my kruzer squicks like a old barn door.sounds like its coming from around and under the control box.anybody else had this problem,an have you've been able to fix it?everything is tight as I can get it.
Long, long ago I had a display table at a cub Competition Hunt and also brought along their then just released Tejón. I assembled for folks to handle and check it out. It was a squeaker! Every let-to-right and right-to-left sweep made ME feel older, and that was long ago. So I took a break and grabbed the detector and walked over to my vehicle. I removed the middle rod from the upper 'S' rod, opened my car door, and used my finger-tip to get a wee bit of grease from th door hinge. I worked that all around the narrower portion of the middle rod that inserts into the upper rod so right down to and around the 'shoulder' of where it flares our.

I inserted the middle rod and snugged the rod-lock securely. FIXED! That was my unit and display/demo unit and I had to do that again the following week. But after that it seemed to have worked its way smoother and everything was fine thereafter. That's might be the issue with your particular using, and it wouldn't do any harm to give it a try ... if your car door has a little exposed grease. I used what didn't appear to be dirtier grease, and it was just a very thin coating of that thinker grease I rubbed on that portion of the middle rod to fix an annoyance.

Monte