Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta and Macro detectors...

Silverbackbob

This is probably a really stupid question, but are these made by the same company?? And if a dealer is a Nokta dealer they are also Makro dealers? Bob

They WERE two separate companies owned by two brothers. Each company had their own dealers. The companies then merged into one company but the deal arrangements made with the dealers were kept intact so there are some dealers that are Makro dealers that do not sell Nokta and vice versa.

Makro...............? Polo...........?

Thanks guys. So is there a lot of difference between the impact and the racer 2 then?? If you were primarily a coin hunter and in t he market for a new detector, which one is the best choice?? Bob.

I like the Impact. It has more versatility because of the ability to switch frequencies. It is heavier to swing which is the only negative thing I can say about it. I pulled my bicep muscle about a year ago. So I have weight issues where others probably don't. Either detector is a good coin hunter. The Racer 2 is a much better coin machine than the original Racer. Racer 1 is more of a Relic machine. For single frequency machines Makro Racer models work great in shallow salt water. Another plus. If you can afford the Impact you won't be sorry. Or get on the Equinox wagon with everyone else. I can honestly say that the Impact will be a nice compliment to any detector. It's ability to ignore iron is a real eye opener.

goodmore said:
I like the Impact. It has more versatility because of the ability to switch frequencies. It is heavier to swing which is the only negative thing I can say about it. I pulled my bicep muscle about a year ago. So I have weight issues where others probably don't. Either detector is a good coin hunter. The Racer 2 is a much better coin machine than the original Racer. Racer 1 is more of a Relic machine. For single frequency machines Makro Racer models work great in shallow salt water. Another plus. If you can afford the Impact you won't be sorry. Or get on the Equinox wagon with everyone else. I can honestly say that the Impact will be a nice compliment to any detector. It's ability to ignore iron is a real eye opener.

I've been following the Equinox on multiple forums since September. I currently own the CTX and the Impact. Everyone is hoping the Equinox can be as deep as the CTX or Etrac. I can tell you this, the Impact is deeper than the CTX. My deepest silver coins and small gold rings were found in the same park after running my CTX thru the same park at least 50 times hitting the same area. It is really unbelievable how good the Impact is. I would suggest getting the Impact over the Racer too. This month Nokta dropped the price (not sure if this is a xmas promotion or not) and one of the sponsors here is also throwing in a wireless headphones.

Silverbackbob said:
Are they well built? I've heard stories... 2nd hand...

Yes the Racer2 and Impact are well built.

I would go to each respective companies website and compare the differences (there are many) between the R2 and Impact and go with the model that best suites your budget and needs, much easier then asking here as you will get a myriad of helpful and not helpful responses.

Best,
Cal

The build and quality is above the standards of many companies. Once you get an Impact, you'll notice its like driving a high end luxury car.

I hear you Sven. The Impact is built real well and seems to be out performing my Etrac in all areas. Etrac going up on Ebay. Etrac does well on clean sites, problem is here in CT there is no such thing. I was happy with the Etrac until I bought the impact. The places I hunt it's down to iffy signals and picking high tines out of the iron. The Impact is a keeper and does swing lighter then the Etrac.