Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta AU Gold

Neil

I was just looking at this online at the kellyco website. It can be hipmounted so it looks like it would be good for beach jewelry hunting and wading.

Can anyone comment on this model? I also looked on youtube, very little info there.

Thank you,
Neil

Hey Neil
The AU Goldfinder is Noktas' version of the Makro Gold Racer. They are the same company now. They both have same features except AU goldfinder is a classic style with knob adjustments instead of modern display screen menu. the AU goldfinder has led lights to signify between ferrous and non ferrous targets. The weight is 3.3 lbs for Au goldfinder versus 3 lbs for Goldracer.
I have operated the Gold racer for gold prospecting for about a year now and I can just say one thing. It's Awesome. I havent operated a Au goldfinder, but they are one in the same as far as operating and adjustments. Au goldfinder is hip mountable and gold racer is not. But ive swung my Goldracer around all day and I have never had any pain or strain issues. they both are awesome on jewelery and micro jewelry like dainty gold chains. It would pretty much be a personal choice which one to buy. I have some gold nugget finding videos on my youtube channel called " forsgold adventues" if you want to see what the Goldracer can do for tiny gold. It would be the same for the Au gold finder for tiny jewelery.
Good luck

californiagold said:
Hey Neil
The AU Goldfinder is Noktas' version of the Makro Gold Racer. They are the same company now. They both have same features except AU goldfinder is a classic style with knob adjustments instead of modern display screen menu. the AU goldfinder has led lights to signify between ferrous and non ferrous targets. The weight is 3.3 lbs for Au goldfinder versus 3 lbs for Goldracer.
I have operated the Gold racer for gold prospecting for about a year now and I can just say one thing. It's Awesome. I havent operated a Au goldfinder, but they are one in the same as far as operating and adjustments. Au goldfinder is hip mountable and gold racer is not. But ive swung my Goldracer around all day and I have never had any pain or strain issues. they both are awesome on jewelery and micro jewelry like dainty gold chains. It would pretty much be a personal choice which one to buy. I have some gold nugget finding videos on my youtube channel called " forsgold adventues" if you want to see what the Goldracer can do for tiny gold. It would be the same for the Au gold finder for tiny jewelery.
Good luck

Just wanted to add that the Au is a rain proof device.

AU Gold Finder supposedly also tested in Australia except the tester here have not said anything encouraging with regards to it's usefulness, nevertheless both AU Gold Finder and Makro Gold are in use over here , even in Hot Western Australian goldfields.

Ozleif said:
AU Gold Finder supposedly also tested in Australia except the tester here have not said anything encouraging with regards to it's usefulness, nevertheless both AU Gold Finder and Makro Gold are in use over here , even in Hot Western Australian goldfields.

Hello. Can you let me know which tester in Au you are referring to?

Ok thank you. I will look up those videos californiagold. I have read a little on the makro racer but didnt know of the gold racer.
Being able to wade with a unit is always a plus ....
My ground here in NJ is I guess what you would call neutral.....

Nokta Detectors said:
Ozleif said:

Hello. Can you let me know which tester in Au you are referring to?

Some bloke in CW-PS with a picture of an AU Gold Finder on the ground and thinks it looks like something that have fallen of "The Terminator" !

Makro gold Racer also has Rain and dust protectors available. They are very well built and do a very good job protecting gold racer from the elements. Good luck

going to provide excellent performance, especially for lower-conductive targets such as gold jewelry.

Neil said:
Ok thank you. I will look up those videos californiagold. I have read a little on the makro racer but didnt know of the gold racer.
Being able to wade with a unit is always a plus ....
My ground here in NJ is I guess what you would call neutral.....
The Nokta Au Gold will provide you exceptional performance like the Makro Gold Racer which I really enjoy using. While these 56 kHz LF detectors were designed especially for Gold Nugget Hunting and excel in that department for finding tinier-sized nuggets, their versatility is also there with the two motion-based Discrimination modes. Those can also be used for some Nugget Hunting, but the Gold Racer works surprisingly well for a lot of Coin & Jewelry Hunting and can do pretty fair in some Relic Hunting applications, too.

I have only been to New Jersey once and hunted the beaches at Atlantic City. I wouldn't call them 'neutral' like a lot of the Florida sites I hunted long ago, and I didn't hunt anywhere else in New Jersey, but I think it might be more moderate mineralized ground than neutral. I am not a big fan of water and I don't wade out much when I hunt beaches, be them salt or fresh water areas. On coastal hunting I have done I work out at low tide and might so a little shallow water work, but I prefer to stay on the wet to dry sand areas.

I know that if I lived in or close to high-use beaches where there is a greater potential for frequent human activity and jewelry loss, my Gold Racer would be doing most of the hunting for me. It is very hot on smaller, thinner and hard-to-find lower-conductive targets like small thin rings, small gold chains and other typically lost jewelry items. My Gold Racer is my #1 jewelry hunting detector, to be sure! I am sure you would enjoy using either the Gold Racer or Au Gold, and as Californiagold mentioned, the weather covers do an excellent job.

Monte

Thank you Monte.
I am about 45mins north of AC.
Im gonna do some more reading up on this unit but right now it looks really good.

funny I did a park video with the GR and lost my ph so wasn't impressed at all and haven't had another chance, but come this winter I will do some park hunting vid's with the GR.

I have both 10x5.5 coils and the concentric is a bit more sensitive, its no depth demon and id isn't deep either but it does hit hard on round low conductive coins we have here as in picks them out better than any detector I have used so going on that it will pick out gold rings well also as they come in the same range, also from my short time with the platform the changes in audio will give big clues as too whether to dig or not with some time behind the wheel.

so in short it does what a 56 kHz machine should, it hits low conductors hard.

looking forward to some time with this detector myself as it owes me most don't so its time for this one to earn its place.

AJ

Moist/Wet salt water beach sand and dry salt lake gold hunting, is very hostile towards the use of an AU Gold Finder.

The Gold Racer is better in both above areas but would not be my first choice.

There are other people that have used both detectors, as to the extend and in how many places I do not know ....... I only speak from my own first hand experiences.